Adding a Triumph Cat box????

Freightbusters

Supercharged
I am thinking of taking off the stock cat box and using the triumph offroad box.......I want to keep stock pipes ..........will the bike tune itself for this combination? 12 min tune?

Will this setup damage anything....proper back pressure..etc???

Is it worth the change..and worth the new sound?? Your Comments are appreciated!!!!:roll:

Ride safe and with respect!!!!

(there are fewer accidents at 140mph!!!!!!!)

Are you talking about going from the cat to the cat by-pass? If so a 12 min tune will do. You may notice a little popping on decel.

Here is a sound clip of stock pipes with cat by-pass.

Link Removed

Cat bypass

Thanks for your input as the cat bypass is what I want to do......looks like a go on this....
Ride safe, ride with respect! and have fun!

Hey Freightbusters, next upgrade to accompany that bypass will be the TORs (Triumph Off Road) pipes. Really enticing rumble when you accel under a load, like up a good grade.

Love 'em. See if you can find a sound bit of that setup. You'll be interested.

See ya.

I have an 06 classic with stock pipes and cat box replacer, 12 min tune did the job. My observation is that the popping on decel is worse with lower octane fuel and better with higher octane. I removed the cat box to reduce the heat under my wife's feet. Gota keep the wife happy.:D:D:D

Just added the cat delete pipe and TOR mufflers... boy, does it sound great now! Really sounds like it has a serious attitude! I'll be taking a quick vid or two today or tomorrow.

I have an 06 classic with stock pipes and cat box replacer, 12 min tune did the job. My observation is that the popping on decel is worse with lower octane fuel and better with higher octane. I removed the cat box to reduce the heat under my wife's feet. Gota keep the wife happy.:D:D:D

You are right about the heat. All the way across North Carolina and on to Nashville I kept day dreaming about BBQ. In reality it was the bottoms of my boots that were BBQ'ing

Agreed. Had the same out-come as Gunshots. The decel popping is more noticeable in low RPM 3rd gear, and below (1&2). Perhaps there is some relationship with the 7% retarded performance in 1st, 2nd, and partial 3rd???

Back