A new seat for my new R3 GT

This Rocket 3 GT is fantastic but the rear shock absorber... It was exactly the same with my previous Rocket 3 in 2007.
As I cannot change or adjust softer the shock absorber, I looked how to improve the comfort of the saddle.
CORBIN offers a dual saddle with expected better comfort for rider and passenger.
As the service was not offered mid June to French people when I was looking at, I found another option.
My seat and pillion were upgraded by a French saddle maker, to improve comfort and the nice design of the saddle.

This was done by Renov Siege, located close to Brest city within 4 days (I gave my saddle last Monday and I will get it this Friday).
You will find a bunch of pictures showing the bike with original seat, then how the seat was improved ( Thickness: + 1"1/4 - Width of pillion: +2").

Comments regarding comfort and pictures of new saddle on the bike will follow soon. If anybody in Europe is interested, contact me.

R3 GT original saddle.JPG Original saddle.JPG Selle R3 en cours de rénovation.jpg 2 Saddle R3GT Renov Siege.jpg 3 Saddle R3GT Renov siege.jpg 1 Saddle R3GT Renov Siege.jpg
Looks good. How many Euros did the upgrade cost?

....just want to make sure of the preload adjustment. When the bike leaves the factory, the preload is set at the very bottom setting. If you get on your knees on the left side of the bike and turn the preload clockwise until it stops...it may take 18 or so FULL turns to reach the maximum setting...then come back maybe 4 full turns you will notice a big difference....you may or may not have done this already.

Looks good. How many Euros did the upgrade cost?
Hello,
It cost me 470 € and was done in one week.
I can tell you that 9 000 miles later, comfort is stil as good as it was. After 3 hours ride withe my partner yesterday, both of us do not feel any pain in our back today.

....just want to make sure of the preload adjustment. When the bike leaves the factory, the preload is set at the very bottom setting. If you get on your knees on the left side of the bike and turn the preload clockwise until it stops...it may take 18 or so FULL turns to reach the maximum setting...then come back maybe 4 full turns you will notice a big difference....you may or may not have done this already.
18 turns ? Has is changed from 2020 GT model ? I put 33 full turns (clicks) clockwise from fully open when we are riding my partner and me. I put now 12 clockwise turns when riding solo.

This Rocket 3 GT is fantastic but the rear shock absorber... It was exactly the same with my previous Rocket 3 in 2007.
As I cannot change or adjust softer the shock absorber, I looked how to improve the comfort of the saddle.
CORBIN offers a dual saddle with expected better comfort for rider and passenger.
As the service was not offered mid June to French people when I was looking at, I found another option.
My seat and pillion were upgraded by a French saddle maker, to improve comfort and the nice design of the saddle.

This was done by Renov Siege, located close to Brest city within 4 days (I gave my saddle last Monday and I will get it this Friday).
You will find a bunch of pictures showing the bike with original seat, then how the seat was improved ( Thickness: + 1"1/4 - Width of pillion: +2").

Comments regarding comfort and pictures of new saddle on the bike will follow soon. If anybody in Europe is interested, contact me.

R3 GT original saddle.JPG Original saddle.JPG Selle R3 en cours de rénovation.jpg 2 Saddle R3GT Renov Siege.jpg 3 Saddle R3GT Renov siege.jpg 1 Saddle R3GT Renov Siege.jpg
Very nice. I have the Corbin Gunfighter solo seat and like it a lot. Corbin, and probably other seat makers here in the US, will do custom work as well. Good choice!

Back