90.5mm/3.56'' Instrument Pod or light mounts for 39mm bars -

Thought you might mention it. As I think the clocks were made by vdo - my guess is 85mm - 3&3/8 - sort of an industry standard

IS your intention to retain the Plastic outer pod or just the inner instrument? - Those spigots are intriguing though.

I will retain the outer pod cups which are 93.8mm in full diameter and these solid aluminium mounts are actually 91mm inner diameter - the side mode/ trip reset button is at the start of the pod taper.
I got two paired sets, one chromed and the other Black.
I cut the two inner locating lugs at the bottom off and filed smooth. The pods fit in up to the taper limit of the cup which is just in front of the side push mode button on one pod.

I have a mate with a lathe who can easily widen them with an extra gap for a rubber seal or good dual sided tape between mount and pod so pods can be re mounted back the stock way when/if required.

Those holes look like great place to mount extra powered indicator lights and switches for accessories with a neat wiring solution.

My intended modded version using these side by side so light array arrays are in the centre.

I already have one lathed to size and have to chase up the other from him. Soft metal was apparently a bit tricky to mill out to 90.3mm or whatever it was without galling or tearing. Fit the pods perfectly now!

Black or chrome for 39mm close enough for my 38mm bars. Would need a 1" clamp to match switches.
5 lights a side for switches plus 2 more .

'Huevos!' is just a con

Back