60K miles on a Harley Road King?

RocketDaryl

Top Fuel
Ride
2019 Indian Scout Sixty
My buddy's HD Road King has 60K miles. Here's what he's had to do to it, in addition to routine maintenance.

- Rollar cam bearings
- Headstock bearings
- Swing arm bushings
- Electrical short
- Motor mounts
- Clutch and brake cables (front)
- Brake fluid reservoir (front)
- Rotors (front and back)
- Rear shock (right side)

That seems like a lot of crap to have to do in just 60K miles.

HD problems

Doesnt surprise me about the motormounts, the engines are like big vibrators.
You can always find your way back home with a Harley, just follow the trail of parts that have fallen off.

At least he is riding it(depends on what year it is) I have seen a few rockets on ebay and some other places with 2 to 4 year old bikes with 4000 miles WTF:mad: if you buy a bike ride the bloody thing.
Daryl did I pass you on 85 yesterday around 2ish you were heading North I was going South?
Does seem lioke a lot of work especially compared to my Rocket
1-umpteen oil changes
2-Air in the rear tyre which Triumph sent to me free of charge
3-umpteen brake pads
4-new seats
5-new shocks
6-new exhaust
7-new triple K&Ns
8-etc etc etc:D

Yup, my riding pal has an '08 springer. He's had to replace the cams, chain (upgraded to gears), bearings etc. His last "oil change" cost him over $2000.
It's interesting that HD has all these "internal upgrades" available like it's something to expect having to do at some point, shouldn't they already be there to start with?

My buddy has a small Sportster and I swear I have been the Harley dealer twice as often as a Triumph dealer. He does need a ride home so I make him ride *****.

That's mighty strong coming from a plumber;), because we electricians know how you guys really are :D.

Back