OK I got my crap so I'll stop my *****in'. They also sent a coupon for 20% off that expires March 31, 2007. I won't be using it, the coupon code is charam7002 for anyone that wants the discount.:eek:

Thanks Pig9r, I may get the gel seat, unless someone is quicker than I & the coupon is only good for one transaction. We'll see tomorrow.

OK, who was quicker at the draw than I? I just tried & the code was not valid (already used?)

Hope someone got some good use out if it. Maybe I'll get one with my order & then I'll keep it all to myself.

See ya.

Worked that time Pigger. I got the rider Gel seat for $48 off. Thanks for the response. I wonder if it (the code) would work again for anyone else???

See ya soon.

Well.. one thing for sure, it sounds like they did find out that there IS a demand for Triumph and Rocket accessories.. Many are just priced way over the top.. :) Lower the price, the people will come.. :)

Wow, guess I didn't realize there was that much of a markup on accessories.
Thanks,
Dennis

It's not at all uncommon to see 300% mark up on everything retail. That is 300%.
Granted: the dealers have to pay overhead & make profits; manufacturers have to recover investments & make profits; distributors and all middle persons have overhead & profits. But PLASTICs and Rubbers costing consumers these mark-ups:mad: Come-on Flip tell me why again:D

I'd like color matching radiator end caps, knee pad, and pannier bags but I'll wait for the next 50% off. Keep alert Pig9r I'm counting on you:bch:

Last edited:
Have you perhaps bought your other half any jewelry lately....You know diamonds are a girls best friend and a 300% markup on jewelry is nothing.

Here is a little example that'll rock your socks;

I'm sure everyone here knows what a tie rod end is, right?
Well, I used to deliver steel to an Eaton Corporation plant that made tie rod ends. They had literally wire pallets of hundreds of different sizes sitting around. We are talking about 10's of thousands of these things all waiting to go out to OEM's and aftermarket parts houses. It just so happened that I had just replaced the tie rod ends on my old F350 and bought a set of Moog ends at the local parts store (Eaton makes ends for Moog or at least they did). I paid 25 bucks each. I asked the guy who unloaded me how much each tie rod end cost. He pointed to a bin full of tie rod ends and told me they would fit my Ford and they (Eaton) charged Ford Motor 25 cents each for 'em. He said their cost for each was around 15 cents. They made 10 cents each. 10 cents to make......25 cents to Fords........25 bucks to me (at a discount auto parts store).....that's MARKUP.

Of course all these entities are going broke....right.:D

Back