Over Kill At It's Best

You know, everytime I see a horsepower modification like this one, I immediately want to order the setup for my baby. Fortunately, by the time I can find my credit card, I've come back to reality which reminds me I've got more bike now than I'll ever be able to take advantage of in my lifetime.

As I was reading the article it mentioned " still getting 50 miles to the gallon". What planet is he from? Most Captains brag when the R3 gets more than 35 mpg. Anyway, it's a technical wonder and cumbersome looking .......but I'd love to see it get up and go just once.

I like it... its like Teddy Roosevelt's big stick... isn't it? I like the supercharger too...

Hope santa has a BIG WALLET.

I like turbocharging, heck, I'm a turbo guy but on diesels. For a lot less bucks and I mean a LOT LESS, you could put a set of 3 fogger nozzles in the intakes and a bottle of Nitrous Oxide on a frame tube. All the electronics are already on the bike and while the horsepower and torque gains won't be quite as sensational, considering what the R3 makes stock, the addition of 100 or so horses would put the bike and the end of the spectrum for a mere mortal man. Besides, look at the internal mods on the engine. Carrillo rods, new head gasket (I bet thicker), "O" ringed sleeves and head, custom pistons, heavy duty clutch. Nothing mentioned about the final drive and that's odd. Don't matter. The custom machine work alone would be a couple grand and a Garrett oil/water T40 is a grand alone. Add in the aluminum fab work and the the custom intake and exhaust and I'll bet you double the price of the R3.

I'd be afraid to ride that Echo setup or the TTS unit. A second of inattention or sudden wrist spasm could send you to the hospital or the morgue.

With those modifications you have taken the street bike and turned it into a strip bike. I know the article says the owner takes it to get milk and bread.....yeah, right. That bike is about as tractible as Ms. Budweiser is to a canoe.:D

It's a nice "dream" bike, but for 99% of us, it's just that.

If, per chance anyone here does decide to build a TTS or Echo machine, I'd like to take it for a spin. 1320 feet would do nicely.:D You can hold my R3 as an insurance deposit in case I destroy your bike.

Sidecar Flip said:
Hope santa has a BIG WALLET.

I like turbocharging, heck, I'm a turbo guy but on diesels. For a lot less bucks and I mean a LOT LESS, you could put a set of 3 fogger nozzles in the intakes and a bottle of Nitrous Oxide on a frame tube. All the electronics are already on the bike and while the horsepower and torque gains won't be quite as sensational, considering what the R3 makes stock, the addition of 100 or so horses would put the bike and the end of the spectrum for a mere mortal man. Besides, look at the internal mods on the engine. Carrillo rods, new head gasket (I bet thicker), "O" ringed sleeves and head, custom pistons, heavy duty clutch. Nothing mentioned about the final drive and that's odd. Don't matter. The custom machine work alone would be a couple grand and a Garrett oil/water T40 is a grand alone. Add in the aluminum fab work and the the custom intake and exhaust and I'll bet you double the price of the R3.

I'd be afraid to ride that Echo setup or the TTS unit. A second of inattention or sudden wrist spasm could send you to the hospital or the morgue.

With those modifications you have taken the street bike and turned it into a strip bike. I know the article says the owner takes it to get milk and bread.....yeah, right. That bike is about as tractible as Ms. Budweiser is to a canoe.:D

It's a nice "dream" bike, but for 99% of us, it's just that.

If, per chance anyone here does decide to build a TTS or Echo machine, I'd like to take it for a spin. 1320 feet would do nicely.:D You can hold my R3 as an insurance deposit in case I destroy your bike.

"Ms. Budweiser?" Is "Miss Budwesier" politically incorrect? I agree with your attitude about blowing the Rocket. First of all, it looks like sh!t. Why spend $50K on a Rocket when you can get 500 hp from a $35K Boss Hoss? Or 200 hp from a $12K Kawazooki ZX 14?

Dougl:

Yep and the Boss Hoss only has a 2 speed transmission. Shift once and forget it. Don't drop it though. You'll have to call a AAA road service wrecker to get it back upright.:eek:

The reason I say (MS.) is that my wife is a professional person. There ain't no Miss or Missus or any of that stuff here. It's Ms. and that's it. Got trained a long time ago.:eek:

Can't wait for Lazyboy to become Lazyperson (I live close to the home of Lazyboy), Monroe, Michigan.

Sidecar Flip said:
Dougl:

Yep and the Boss Hoss only has a 2 speed transmission. Shift once and forget it. Don't drop it though. You'll have to call a AAA road service wrecker to get it back upright.:eek:

The reason I say (MS.) is that my wife is a professional person. There ain't no Miss or Missus or any of that stuff here. It's Ms. and that's it. Got trained a long time ago.:eek:

Can't wait for Lazyboy to become Lazyperson (I live close to the home of Lazyboy), Monroe, Michigan.

Good golly Ms Molly!

Not a daily driver then, no radiator just an intercooler! Awesome performance, but with limited use. Great dragbike but needs a weight reduction :)

Hey Flip... maybe I'll buy a TTS setup from Blowme and let you watch as I ride it. :roll:

I hope I don't suck up a cat in that thing....

Back