3 into 1 Dain Exhaust

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I've never ran one but have seen and heard it. My first concern was the discoloration since you're mixing the chrome shields with the 300 stainless. You can see the discoloration in the pictures where the pipe meets the lower shield. The straw color is on the stainless. I also wasn't impressed with the flex pipe that joined the header to the muffler can. Sure price wise its less then a good looking pipe set up for the bike. I'm not sure if the one he makes for the roadster is what he is selling you. If so the roadster has different mounts then the old standard three pipe system because of the ABS system. Anyway just me 2 cents worth.
Thank you very much I will take on what you said as you app
Ok I've never ran one but have seen and heard it. My first concern was the discoloration since you're mixing the chrome shields with the 300 stainless. You can see the discoloration in the pictures where the pipe meets the lower shield. The straw color is on the stainless. I also wasn't impressed with the flex pipe that joined the header to the muffler can. Sure price wise its less then a good looking pipe set up for the bike. I'm not sure if the one he makes for the roadster is what he is selling you. If so the roadster has different mounts then the old standard three pipe system because of the ABS system. Anyway just me 2 cents worth.
Thank you very much I will take on what you said as you seem to know your stuff Thanks

Dude, honestly, no need to get all bent out of shape. The link i provided will show you how to google it if you don't know how (although it WAS meant as a slam, it will actually get you that far...). Rather then tell us ...is on ebay when asked to post a link, all you had to do was say, "I don't know how". We are not ALL a55holes around here (Joe is only like that sometimes ;), but in this case he wasn't even really tryin' to be one)!

Go take a deep breathe and come back at this...
I will not be told not post because I do not follow what you expect that to me is bullying so look at the answer I received from the nice gentleman OK

O.K., One more then I'm done.

Joe NEVER told you "Not to post" (so YOU go back and re-read)
He said, " if YOU raise a topic, YOU provide what it takes to make it easier for others. Otherwise, don't bother asking the question."

That is common courtesy.

Ever seen the commercial (think it's angies list or something) where a guy asks his neighbor:

Guy: "Hey know any good contractors?"
Neighbor: "Yeah, I might know a few."
Guy: "Good, Can you call them, get some quotes, compare them, and schedule one to come work on my house?"

I think maybe you were embarrassed to admit you didn't know how to do it, then got your a55 up on your back and got defensive about it. Again, we are all here to help each other out, NOT lash out.

Last edited:
O.K., One more then I'm done.

Joe NEVER told you "Not to post" (so YOU go back and re-read)
He said, " if YOU raise a topic, YOU provide what it takes to make it easier for others. Otherwise, don't bother asking the question."

That is common courtesy.

Ever seen the commercial (think it's angies list or something) where a guy asks his neighbor:

Guy: "Hey know any good contractors?"
Neighbor: "Yeah, I might know a few."
Guy: "Good, Can you call them, get some quotes, compare them, and schedule one to come work on my house?"

I think maybe you were embarrassed to admit you didn't know how to do it, then got your a55 up on your back and got defensive about it. Again, we are all here to help each other out, NOT lash out.

You can't ask a question unless you post can you as for the not knowing how to do it I never professed to being good on a computer never needed it in my job and asking a question is posting I thought anyway your friend likes your post so all happy I suppose I'm going back to work now good bye

2qja24.jpg

Relax :)

@M.J - Mate you need to realize that OK - you have a doubt - You ask - Folk reply.

But this is NOT a business, nobody gains points or money by giving you the answer you want to hear. It is at the end of it a group of folk who pass some free time online.
Some after time gain the friendship of others - some never do. But that does not make them less welcome.

And there are folk who, despite having really pissed folk off have been allowed to continue. But it does not mean everybody bothers much with what they write. Though every so often they can provide real gems of info - but sadly it gets lost in the diatribe.

Taking on a moderator is like tilting at windmills. Anybody who has ever moderated a forum will know it is a thankless bloody task. Done for free and out of philanthropy.
I have been asked to several times over the years - and simply - I am not that philanthropic any more. I have been one and it IS a labor of love. And democracy is NOT part of it.

I don't know you - but the few posts of yours I have seen, you do seem to walk into the cultural wall a bit. I don't refer to country, language or any such nonsense. But by your own admission I think you may misread what a forum is, and how it operates.

Imagine this a group of mates in a pub, sat discussing many things. Up comes somebody with a question, general etiquette means one approaches with caution and a certain decorum. You might get a reply you don't care for. If you reply curtly - it's quite possible that you'll be set upon.

It's just easier all round to say - Oh - how do I do that? - not - you look for it!.

Here and now the worst thing that can happen on a forum is that you get sent to Coventry. You'll never know if folk hit the ignore button. But one day you simply will not get replies and nobody will read what you can contribute. Then it's pointless trying to be part of it.

Chill, friend - go and get a pint and sit around the fire with us - chip in - and nobody will think less of you for asking.

I will tell of my experience with the Dain “muffler” on my wife’s Roadster:

The fit and finish is poor, or at the least subpar to Triumphs build quality.
The chrome will discolor, mostly due to the crude way the exhaust gasses enter the can section, aimed directly at the top of the can.
The pipe hang is below the foot peg. Which means the pipe contacts the ground first. Which means you may crash in the most spectacular way imaginable, a high sider!

A final note, when I contacted Dain to discuss my concerns, I was treated and spoken to like I knew nothing. Gather your own opinion on that!

Just my opinion and experience. It is cheap! If that’s your goal!

I have spoken to some nice people on here both privately and as a post and being told Do Not Ask Questions if I do not supply a link that I do not know how to do I am sorry but to me that is bullying I will not take it in front of meet alone on an open forum with the cavelry coming to the rescue I thank you for your words but I think I was justified in what I said as it feels like bullying in as much do as I say or don't ask questions I am glad you mentioned the ignore button never knew it existed a friend of mine was on her David Rocke's who makes bits for the Rocket and he did warn me of being told what to do I know UK is the minority but I will not be bullied by anyone needles to say my friend has his own site in the UK now once more Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back