#3 coil Cirtcuit. Malfunction.

Micksan

Supercharged
Ride
2023 Triumph R3 GT, 2022 Moto Guzzi V85TT,
I got the new cable in. Downloaded the Tune ECU 2.5. Started it up and error message at bottom says there is a malfunction in my #3 ignition coil circuit. ( Error PO-353 ) This would go along with the problem I have at speeds over 80 mph. After 65 or so it really takes a long time for the speed to increase. Not like it use to be. I suspect either coil or coil wire break down.
The next couple of days I have some time. I will check the coils. Any suggestion on NON OEM replacements.
If I have one bad and use auto part will probably replace all three . Just to keep everything balanced.

I've used dynatek's in the past always been happy with them. I don't see a official replacement for the triumph but just match up the ohms and volts. Should be good.

Before you go spending money check out the simple things like good, clean, tight connections on all the leads - especially the low tension ones. Then if you still have the problem, clear the engine codes, and then swap the coils on #2 and #3 to see if the error code switches to #2 cylinder.

also check the actual high tension leads with an Ohm meter as well they should all be showing similar resistance per foot of length

Back