3,000 drivers caught using mobiles in first week

ruzzle

Staff member
Ride
'05 Puffin Billy '20 GT
One state of Australia, N.S.W., has rolled out mobile phone detection cameras, apparently the first in the world to do so.

In the first week, over 3,000 drivers were snapped using phones illegally.

The cameras can be moved between locations, and no warning signs are posted.

Initially, drivers will receive only a warning letter. After a 3-month trial period, a fine of $300-plus will apply, AND FIVE (yes, 5!) demerit points.

About time.

Must look up the penalty for a second offence......

Wheres my shocked face...

Here in ga they passed a hands free law. I've never even heard of anyone pulled over for it.

Meanwhile people stay on their phones

One state of Australia, N.S.W., has rolled out mobile phone detection cameras, apparently the first in the world to do so.

In the first week, over 3,000 drivers were snapped using phones illegally.

The cameras can be moved between locations, and no warning signs are posted.

Initially, drivers will receive only a warning letter. After a 3-month trial period, a fine of $300-plus will apply, AND FIVE (yes, 5!) demerit points.

About time.

Must look up the penalty for a second offence......
Illinois don't have cameras. But they sure collect revenue I think its 125.00 bucks when your caught. Its a money maker, although I think they figured they get more profit from taxing legal pot sales :)

It shouldn't be long, they always end up in prison there.
Your right except the last Republican. But he wouldn't allow them to spend money they didn't have. We need (state wise) some form of government or a governor like the last one that digs us out of the hole not tax us more so they can dig the hole deeper.

Last edited:
Your right except the last Republican. But he wouldn't allow them to spend money they didn't have. We need (state wise) some form of government or a governor like the last one that digs us out of the hole not tax us more so they can dig the hole deeper.

Better find something other than Democrats or Republicans then. They might say different things, but the historical record is easily checked, they both tax and spend the same amounts, they just tax slightly different ways and spend it on slightly different things.

Back