2020 Rocket III with Tire Pressure Sensor Light on.....

bzboy01

.020 Over
Ride
Triumph Rocket III R
Hi,

I bought my 2020 Rocket III R two weeks ago and instantly found two light showing up on the TFT screen. The wrench light went away when I changed the date and made it current. But the tire pressure light stays on the screen and keeps on saying “check manual, tire pressure sensor”. I have a black tire pressure cap, which means my bike is not equipped with Tire Pressure Sensor, so why is the screen showing an error. I even followed Triumph suggestion of using 40psi in both tires and ran it for a few miles, but the light stays constant. I don’t have a dealer close by and would appreciate any suggestion that would help me get rid of this error light. Thank you.

Attachments

• AB0F904F-647B-44BF-B984-1D6A7DEF3B07.jpeg
    AB0F904F-647B-44BF-B984-1D6A7DEF3B07.jpeg
    55.4 KB · Views: 127
Hello Bzboy01 and welcome from Virginia. Double check your manual for setting that you can change yourself. I am not sure if you can reset the settings though and as Rockatansky says, a dealer may have to adjust that. Good luck and do let us know how it comes out.

In the meantime, please go to our introduce yourself thread and give us you bike history and a picture or two. He so love pictures. :cool:

Have you tried re-setting the instrument display to factory default settings? P.55 of the owner handbook.

Thank you Ruzzle, I tried to “reset to default” but the light still maintains. Thank you Rock, going to a dealer is not a possibility and that’s why I posted it over here. Thank you Boog, I wanted to remove this light myself and wanted to see if anyone has had this issue. Would Dealer tool or some other software help? Thank you all for all the suggestions......

If you have the the dealer tool then it's no problem.

In their menu you can disable and enable the TPMS.

It's not possible to do it in the display or by doing a reset...

And before you ask: I know it because I had a similar problem - I always had an error due to a communication problem with the rear sensor...

follow the thread First 600 miles service on the forum, it goes on to explain a device that can reset your service icon it might help you clear your current problem. I ordered one so as not to have to go to dealer to clear the symbol for service needed.

This does not help.

You need to eliminate the menu point - it's not temporary like the service light.

Back