I would guess not everyone will achieve this.
My last Rocket had the full Jardine setup. The heat was unbearable, much worse than stock. Wrapping the headers helped. The new headers are ceramic lined, no?

not sure...i have Jardine's on my 2016 Roadster....i had them ceramic coated which helps with the heat i think...the only time i feel the heat is if i touch with my leg....not for long tho!
20191206_122327.jpg

I love my Jardines and the older they get the better and louder they are sounding.
I'm going to get mine ceramic coated as well, just trying to decide if I'm going black or a dark grey or the light silver.
If my bike was all black like your that's easy black , that looks really nice.

This dream of owning this bike is getting more and more real everyday, a helmet to match oh boy, superficial, I don’t think so, you’ve got to look good to play good

@Kevin frazier are you reading up the maintenance too so you can keep your tradition of the annual teardown? Hopefully the new bike will hit the sweet spot for you so you can focus more time on ridding and less maintaining...of course you are not alone with your current Rocket in that aspect.

i ran a bit of gold paint over the recessed name badge...makes it stand out a bit..
20191007_182914.jpg
Looks nice Tal.
And to think you could have bought reband and they would have looked like this.

Attachments

• C95DD25C-F9CF-4E89-87A7-DE66042E172D.jpeg
    C95DD25C-F9CF-4E89-87A7-DE66042E172D.jpeg
    178.4 KB · Views: 5
  • EDBEDC3D-E2E5-44BD-8961-655AC21CD638.jpeg
    EDBEDC3D-E2E5-44BD-8961-655AC21CD638.jpeg
    211.8 KB · Views: 5
Tal, that looks nice is there gold sparkles in the black?
How did you get the gold out lining the Jardine letters ? Looks really nice my powder guy said no mater what color I pick the Jardine will be the same color.
Even my rims I want two colors he said he might be able to do it with my rims if there is sharp edges that he can trim neat.
The Jardine is very shadow and yet you can see out line in gold niicly done .
Did you do it your self ?

Tal, that looks nice is there gold sparkles in the black?
How did you get the gold out lining the Jardine letters ? Looks really nice my powder guy said no mater what color I pick the Jardine will be the same color.
Even my rims I want two colors he said he might be able to do it with my rims if there is sharp edges that he can trim neat.
The Jardine is very shadow and yet you can see out line in gold niicly done .
Did you do it your self ?

Yes pleased how it came out...no, the ceramic is matt black...with a bit of dust on it!
The gold...i used some model paint and brushed it on quite thick then wiped it off with a bit of petrol on the rag. Because it's recessed, the color stayed in the recess...it took a couple of trys before it was good. Just got to get it off before it drys....Happy tho.

Just been in at the dealers mooching about...sat on the Black Roadster...they dont have a GT.
The Tank has a lever/lock at the front and hinges at the back like ours does...looks to me that you would need to loosen the bolts on the bars and lay them forward in order to tilt the tank back, that and remove the seat.
To remove the seat, you use the key which goes in the slot under your left leg. The seat and passenger seat come off as one to reveal the battery and wiring...no tool box!
The passenger seat is attached to the driver seat via a bracket which is pop riveted in place. I guess the rivets could be drilled out and replaced with screws. Then you could leave the passenger seat off and replace with a tailbag...with some thought to attachment so the guard didnt get garked up.
i like the footpeg location on the R model but the bars are too far forward and the plain black dosnt light me up.
I know things are interchangeable but at a cost.

Back