2014 R3 Touring battery reinstallation

ps915

Standard Bore
Ride
14 Rocket 3 Touring
Having successfully removed the battery and trickled charged it for 2 continuous days , I am now under confusion regarding wiring . There are two black wires along with earthing cable that connect to negative terminal and a red wire plug that connects to the positive terminal along with earthing cable . I am hoping members of this group can take a look at the attached image and guide me with the wire connections . Thank you.

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks oke, but do not connect an earthing cable to the +!
IMG_4095.JPG
There are two earthing cables . I understand one of them goes to the negative terminal . What about the other one ?

Do you have a multimeter? To be sure it is an earth cable. There are more than one cables connected to the - pole of the battery.
Looks to me you can connect the black wires to the - pole of the battery and the red one to the + pole. It will not cause damage if you connect a wire to the - pole when it should be connected to the + pole. Other way around can/will cause damage.

There are two earthing cables . I understand one of them goes to the negative terminal . What about the other one ?
If they are black and have holes in them for a bolt and you didn't take anything else apart I would venture to say they both belong on the battery negative terminal.

bob

The small black with a plug on it goes to or comes from r/r plug, it goes into main ground on mine, that negative connector with 2 wires attached I’m not sure, seen it on later models than mine, abs maybe but either way it’s a ground and goes back on battery.

We have the same bike and I replaced my battery a few weeks back. There were two native leads on the negative side and one for positive... just like your positioning shows. I can't speak to the terminating point at the other end though (one is obviously the main bike ground). I tend to learn these things when troubleshooting a problem and I've no issues so far... Others with more knowledge may be able to answer that question.
-MIG

Back