Yes, it was a shame he got rear ended. All that power, and get run over by some idiot not paying attention. PLEASE be carefull out there. They are out to get us!

True. I've always had the attitude "What's gonna get you, will get you" 10 years old falling off a cliff? 26 years old dying on some foreign lands Battle field? 86 years old passing in your sleep? So let's all enjoy the ride until the good Lord calls us home.

True. I've always had the attitude "What's gonna get you, will get you" 10 years old falling off a cliff? 26 years old dying on some foreign lands Battle field? 86 years old passing in your sleep? So let's all enjoy the ride until the good Lord calls us home.

While that may be true, the thought of risking being ran over by some moron because they can't wait a few minutes to reply to or send a text to someone really riles me. It is one thing to climb a cliff yourself and fall off. But this idea a text or call, adjusting the radio, putting on makeup, eating a burger, etc. is worth risking other peoples lives is completely different in my mind.

I don't know if texting was even involved in the original comment here, and I assure you, no offense or argument was meant to you. I guess I am just venting a bit. Some days I just feel like every car or truck on the road is looking to kill me. Again I am not addressing this to you as an argument and hope you don't take it that way.

Bad ju ju ! Great deal !
I'm a bit superstitious when it comes to this subject , I have immediately sold any bike I have ever crashed , no matter how light the damage . I look after my bikes meticulously , if they don't look after me they are gone .I firmly believe I have survived so many years riding it like I stole it for this very reason . Then again , maybe I just been lucky ?
You don't ride dirt bikes I take it... :)

You don't ride dirt bikes I take it... :)
Ah , You got me there bobby ! :thumbsdown: I was weaned on dirt bikes , still have them and looking forward to riding them again next year , when hopefully I should have lost enough enough weight to bounce as opposed to break ? Dirt biking for me , is a different discipline , where I try to go fast between crashes . :laugh: often my intentions far outweighed my abilities and with the heigtened sense of mortality one gets from bordering being out of control . Road riding has many more factors and altho I like to ride fast , I allways ride within my limitations . You can't ever factor in every potential hazard , especially being rear ended , one can only ride with the expectation that every thing and everyone wants to kill you . I have been down the road on quite a few occaisions , usually due to my own stupidity , but on those times I have for the most part , but not allways walked away . I won't ride a road bike after I have crashed it tho , they not designed to be crashed , if I do , I consider myself lucky to still be around and move on from the entire episode ! Ride safe people .

very sad new owner didn't even get to enjoy his rocket; we all need to be careful need to be mindful always of our surroundings. As an ex-army infantryman in the 101st airborne and 2nd Infantry Division we were trained to be always in 360 mode and has served me well on the roads.

be safe out there fellas

As we used to say on the flight deck, "Keep your head on a swivel", and like I tell my kids, "Drive like no one can see you."

Back