Venus2050

VIPERMAN
Ride
2008 Rocket III Touring
I’m attempting to quantify the factory spec of fuel tank range. The fuel gage is presently indicating 150 miles on a full tank (6 gallons) with mileage @ 25 m/g. I recall that the digital display once indicated 175-180 mile range with a full tank. Any suggestions or recommendations ?

I’m attempting to quantify the factory spec of fuel tank range. The fuel gage is presently indicating 150 miles on a full tank (6 gallons) with mileage @ 25 m/g. I recall that the digital display once indicated 175-180 mile range with a full tank. Any suggestions or recommendations ?
If you have done any modes like TuneEcu then you will see differences depending on your mode . I us to get 300-310 k & now after my modes ( TuneEcu , Tors , PBryants crossover & air filter ( brain fart can't remember the type) ) When I get 280 Kl I'm doing good . Harder on fuel but man does it ever go . I've just checked with conversion table & I'm doing just a little better than you . Why I'm not sure.

Last edited:
If you have done any modes like TuneEcu then you will see differences depending on your mode . I us to get 300-310 k & now after my modes ( TuneEcu , Tors , PBryants crossover & air filter ( brain fart can't remember the type) ) When I get 280 Kl I'm doing good . Harder on fuel but man does it ever go . I've just checked with conversion table & I'm doing just a little better than you . Why I'm not sure.
Could be a malfunctioning fuel level sensor. The needle on the fuel gauge doesn’t appear to be all the way over to the right where the pins are located.

Yeah stock, mods, maps, style of riding. so many variables, 20 to 40 ive seen on this site and on my own. Fuel mileage depends solely on me 20 or 30 i can get either. Today was about 17mpg the widowmaker was angry the whole ride :sneaky: tracks closed and his combustion is up very high

Yeah stock, mods, maps, style of riding. so many variables, 20 to 40 ive seen on this site and on my own. Fuel mileage depends solely on me 20 or 30 i can get either. Today was about 17mpg the widowmaker was angry the whole ride :sneaky: tracks closed and his combustion is up very high
Kevin, upon filling up what mileage range do you see on the display?
I see 150 mile range when tank is filled.

I have a 13 R3T with RamAir and TORS and a dyno tune. I get around 27-28 mpg with a 50/50 mix of highway/city driving..

bob

Kevin, upon filling up what mileage range do you see on the display?
I see 150 mile range when tank is filled.
When i went a trip this summer, after fueling it settles in from a 150 to 160, i think how hard i work at filling tank definitely matters

When I fill up and slowly squeeze as much fuel as possible in the tank, it usually say 160 miles! I get about 130 miles and low fuel light comes on. I have ram air filter D&D slip on a Paul Bryant cross over and a tune! Runs like a bear and gets terrible mileage but who cares about mpg when your having fun!

When I fill up and slowly squeeze as much fuel as possible in the tank, it usually say 160 miles! I get about 130 miles and low fuel light comes on. I have ram air filter D&D slip on a Paul Bryant cross over and a tune! Runs like a bear and gets terrible mileage but who cares about mpg when your having fun!
Thanks, Jag. I was attempting to calculate true mileage on a full tank. TORS with matching tune and under the seat OEM air filtration exists. It’s apparently clear, based on what other riders experience, that 25-30 mpg @ 150 miles full tank range is about average.

Back