5400rpm is the revs at which the new motor makes maximum power not the cut off. current R3's make 140 hp at 5750 yet rev to about 6300 before the cutoff. The new Tourer has different cams to produce more torque (presumably because the present model is lacking in this area?) at lower revs which has the effect of making less horsepower too.

Why on earth would you want more torque. More torque equates directly to the ability to twist the tire more easily (as in smok'in it) and the 180 is appreciably narrower than the 240. As far as I'm concerned the stock Rock only needs a 3 speed transmission. Low, a mid gear and a highway overdrive. I foresee with the advent of more bikes going to the 240 section tire like HD's new Rocker, the tires will be around for a while yet.

I just want to know what a 'songle light' is. Is that similar to the HID variety? If it is, I want a pair as I'm quite fond of the Rocket 3's dual headlights.:D

Why on earth would you want more torque. More torque equates directly to the ability to twist the tire more easily (as in smok'in it) and the 180 is appreciably narrower than the 240. As far as I'm concerned the stock Rock only needs a 3 speed transmission. Low, a mid gear and a highway overdrive. I foresee with the advent of more bikes going to the 240 section tire like HD's new Rocker, the tires will be around for a while yet.

I just want to know what a 'songle light' is. Is that similar to the HID variety? If it is, I want a pair as I'm quite fond of the Rocket 3's dual headlights.:D

The Cruiser article says it's the same engine, which includes cams.

Imagine what a shock it'll be for someone with only 106 HP at the crank to achieve high RWHP in the 140s with triples, headers, & Tuneboy/custom map. Gives a whole new definition to buyer beware. :eek:

106 hp has to be a misprint. The last article they ran speced it as a 6 valve and not 12. These guys would be better off if they just took pictures and asked everyone to write in with sugestions.

Front End Heavy As A Cement Cart?

I have not had this issue ? Have you??

Who would want one headlight, two pipes, lower horsepower...........??????]

Back