vindex1963

Turbocharged
Ride
2006 Rocket 3, 2015 Victory Cross Country
I have a 2015 Victory Cross Country and a 2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650. I've been riding 30+ years and do all my own work, I'm very hands on and very comfortable wrenching on my bikes.

2006 Rocket III Classic
22,000 miles
$3900

I talked to the owner today and he said he's the original owner, all recalls are done and he's never had any transmission problems. We're meeting Tuesday at my bank nd if all goes well I'll own this bike.

Opinions? What should I look for?

Last edited:
If it's all been done and he has the paperwork for the update kit being done. Buy it. This also can be checked at the Triumph Dealer if you have the vin number I think!

Ride it like you stole it and that silly grin takes a while to go away after you hope off the rocket.

My 06 had the up date kit done last year and cost $5900 nz$ to be done. My forever bike so had to be done.

And welcome to the nut house. From Christchurch New Zealand.

I agree with 2slo. 3900$ for a good condition 22k Classic is very very good. Specially if it comes with all the original Classic stuff. Bags, platforms instead of pegs, dual seat with back rest. Get the Vin# and message warp99. He can look up the Vin to see if the bike has a wrap sheet. If it shifts smooth back and forth, good. If it starts and idles from cold, that is good. Don't touch the throttle to spike it when you turn it on. Just neutral, pull the clutch and press start. Let the bike to it's thing. Wait a few minutes and then ride it. Bikes will always require maintenance. This bike is no exception but, a lot of things you can do with a few tools. You are a veteran at that so, that is good.

If it's not shifting well or falls out of gear, it has a weak or broken detent spring. Offer 1000$ less. It's a doable fix by removing the front engine cover. I have a 2007 and like it a lot.

IMG_0679.JPG

Back