20190602_145136.jpg
My man thats funny

That's funny ! 😂
Ya I kinda thought so. I've been messimg around with high idles, surging, and erratic idles and such. I can see where cleaning the TPS especially if you're running aftermarket coated filters. In fact the fist thing I check now is the spring load on the primary throttle plates. If they are so gunked up that they are sticking I can see it stripping the ISC motor shaft. I noticed this while wotking on Booges Brahma.

Ya I kinda thought so. I've been messimg around with high idles, surging, and erratic idles and such. I can see where cleaning the TPS especially if you're running aftermarket coated filters. In fact the fist thing I check now is the spring load on the primary throttle plates. If they are so gunked up that they are sticking I can see it stripping the ISC motor shaft. I noticed this while wotking on Booges Brahma.
Now that there is a bloody good observation and in hindsight makes perfect sense ! The TPS being directly controlled by the primary flaps , it stands to reason , the gackier the plates and shaft , the harder time the TPS will have . Something I had not even considered ? Whilst on the subject of idleness @warp9.9 , where in your opinion , is the optimum placement for the AIT when using pod filters ? I have mine in a small KnN filter mounted between TB 2 and 3 but not entirely certain that this is the ideal location ? TPS and stepper voltages correct but idle often can't quite decide where it should be . Any suggestions ?

I got a 2005 rocket, but has an intermittent high idle problem that has now become more prevalent. I talked to a tech at the Triumph dealership in Oklahoma City and he informed me that in order to replace the primary TPS I had to replace the throttle body..... I'm not too sure this is true, any advice? Can I just order a new primary TPS and install it and adjust it with TuneECU?
'05 R3 owner for a few years now, new to this site. I had done alot of reading here on the tps's, stepper motor, sensors, etc., looking for answers as my bike started having some issues with over-revving/idling too high intermittently and wanted to share my findings. Try this simple fix before you start hair pulling! The shaft that controls the butterfly dampers can get all gummed up, including the return springs, causing a slow closing action, if not getting all the way stuck on the way back. The real fix here is to remove the throttle body and clean it thoroughly, but after I saw all of the funk on the return springs, eureka! A little cleaner then some wd40 on all three springs and the butterfly shaft, without removing and voila! She suddenly turned back into the beast I fell in love with! Good luck!!

Back