2,500 mile review on first dark side experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So do you think I just "putt" Steve?
I can tell you now whilst riding a Borrowed (read I respected the owner and his bike) bike I was going more Steady than I ride my own Bike

Indeed no, M8!
When we were riding the curves coming down from Jerome, AZ two things crossed my mind.
1) I really lamented the roads being wet!
2) HansO rides the wet pretty darn well, especially on someone else's Harley.
I hope we get more chances to ride together in the future, my friend!

Last edited:
Looks good. Nice round edge. Will try this when it's time to replace mine.

Seriously and with respect, why do you care about "round edges" on a car tire?

Rounded edges lean over and turn better than square ones.
And the further down the side the tread goes, the better.

Reactions: 1K9
I'm no expert, but I know how to ride to get 10,000 + miles out of a Metz. Accelerate smoothly and gently. Always ride at or below the speed limit. Stop using unnecessary amounts of torque leaving stops and entering the freeway. Stop twisting the throttle just to feel rush of Speed. Ride on only twisty roads the first 10k. Then get another ten riding only straight roads. Reduce weight by losing 150 lbs. Only ride on smooth soft asphalt roads. This would also solve my fuel mileage and brake pad wear issues. I can't get 10,000 miles out of a Metz.

I'm no expert, but I know how to ride to get 10,000 + miles out of a Metz. Accelerate smoothly and gently. Always ride at or below the speed limit. Stop using unnecessary amounts of torque leaving stops and entering the freeway. Stop twisting the throttle just to feel rush of Speed. Ride on only twisty roads the first 10k. Then get another ten riding only straight roads. Reduce weight by losing 150 lbs. Only ride on smooth soft asphalt roads. This would also solve my fuel mileage and brake pad wear issues. I can't get 10,000 miles out of a Metz.
might as well go get on a hardley

Oh for Christs Sake give it a Rest you have told the Same Ol story so many times that you are starting to sound like a Troll, just let the guys have their discussion with out All your BS and 10,000 mile story's even babying it I only got 6,500km (about 4,000 mile) out of the Metz and got 9,000km out of a Bridgestone Exedra Max again taking it easy cos I wanted to see if it could be done
HEY MR. CT there are other Rocket owners that get a lot more miles out of the MOTORCYCLE tires than I do so you guys are are the BS artists and who cares what kind of fairy tales you tell about burning up MC tires only proves you guys are not the norm but the extreme so you need to run CAR TIRES or take driving lessons BUT if your riding like a road racer then your going to burn up tires so I think you guys need some riding instruction if your ruining tires as you say just riding normally on public roads BUT I think its all fairy tales LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back