2,500 mile review on first dark side experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I read someone saying they get 10000 miles out of any MC tire on a R3, I like to think they're exaggerating. Otherwise I feel inadequate and cheated. Since I'm only getting 4k out of a Metz and 5k out of the slip n slide Bridgestone. That's everyday riding, no burnouts, no wheelies, no "real" racing.
SOME riders get even more than 10k so it depends on the rider like i said I ride with the racer crowd so we dont baby the bikes BUT I dont do burnouts like I see the drunks doing when they leave the biker bar and some riders arent that efficient and could use some riding tips

Tire mileage depends on more that just riding style. Ambient temperature, average speed and road materials also have an effect. I found that when I put more miles on in the heat of the summer, I'm talking temps over 110F, my tires would wear much faster. Also, riding two up with the bike loaded will drop your mileage. Lots of variables at play.
I contemplated Selling the Rocket . I thought 2-3 tires a year was ridiculous. Especially since I can't trust the shops and have to do it myself. I had to accept that riding the Rocket everyday on hot Texas concrete. accelerating, braking around and passing traffic. Then it's two up through the back roads or to the beach two days a week. three up. I realized I can't stop riding it

I contemplated Selling the Rocket . I thought 2-3 tires a year was ridiculous. Especially since I can't trust the shops and have to do it myself. I had to accept that riding the Rocket everyday on hot Texas concrete. accelerating, braking around and passing traffic. Then it's two up through the back roads or to the beach two days a week. three up. I realized I can't stop riding it
Sorry hit the wrong button. Since I won't stop riding it I can't sell it:))) I reluctantly accepted tires as another cost of living. Even before it was debated on the internet. I've met Harley and Wing darksiders. Not one complained about any issues. One of the MSF instructors in an adv class I participated in, had a CT. None had any worries, just praise. Not scientific but good enough fot me at least it's not going to explode and catch fire. I want to try the Darkside. The MC tire is a PITA. I'm not afraid of riding the Darkside, I'm afraid on installing it. It's not just about $ for me, I think a CT will be better for me. We have 3 choices. Buy a lot of MC tires. Ride less. Go Darkside.

Sorry hit the wrong button. Since I won't stop riding it I can't sell it:))) I reluctantly accepted tires as another cost of living. Even before it was debated on the internet. I've met Harley and Wing darksiders. Not one complained about any issues. One of the MSF instructors in an adv class I participated in, had a CT. None had any worries, just praise. Not scientific but good enough fot me at least it's not going to explode and catch fire. I want to try the Darkside. The MC tire is a PITA. I'm not afraid of riding the Darkside, I'm afraid on installing it. It's not just about $ for me, I think a CT will be better for me. We have 3 choices. Buy a lot of MC tires. Ride less. Go Darkside.
BUY some of those long lasting truck tires that last twice as long as the CAR TIRES

I had several shops that refused to mount the car tire. Honda of Tulsa did it with no problem other than they could not balance it. Bought a wheel balancer before removing the rim mainly because from past experiences the tire was not balanced very well after the shops said the wheel was balanced. Not a big fan of running beads in the tire either so it worked out rather well for me. Some of the folks on here are rather educated and have there own opinions of car tires on a motorcycle. That is fine. I do the same ,ride a hell of a lot and the darkside is fine with me. I may also add that we are a certified AMA motorcycle safety instructor for what it is worth.:D:D:D:D:D:D

I had several shops that refused to mount the car tire. Honda of Tulsa did it with no problem other than they could not balance it. Bought a wheel balancer before removing the rim mainly because from past experiences the tire was not balanced very well after the shops said the wheel was balanced. Not a big fan of running beads in the tire either so it worked out rather well for me. Some of the folks on here are rather educated and have there own opinions of car tires on a motorcycle. That is fine. I do the same ,ride a hell of a lot and the darkside is fine with me. I may also add that we are a certified AMA motorcycle safety instructor for what it is worth.:D:D:D:D:D:D
YOU know if you ride 90 percent of the time in a straight line with very few turns and you cant afford the proper MC tires then you can use anything you want on your bike as long as your happy and we have a good choice of quality MC tires and dont mind paying for great handling they provide we are all happy so use whatever you like there is a tire to make everyone happy

YOU know if you ride 90 percent of the time in a straight line with very few turns and you cant afford the proper MC tires then you can use anything you want on your bike as long as your happy and we have a good choice of quality MC tires and dont mind paying for great handling they provide we are all happy so use whatever you like there is a tire to make everyone happy
Oh for Christs Sake give it a Rest you have told the Same Ol story so many times that you are starting to sound like a Troll, just let the guys have their discussion with out All your BS and 10,000 mile story's even babying it I only got 6,500km (about 4,000 mile) out of the Metz and got 9,000km out of a Bridgestone Exedra Max again taking it easy cos I wanted to see if it could be done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back