2,500 mile review on first dark side experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonny

Living Legend
Ride
rocket three x
LOVE IT. Very smooth going down the highway. Hard take offs are great and very stable. Turns and corners are just a blast even with the car tire. The only draw back is rough roads where the pavement is hollowed out from heavy loads and the tire gets stuck in the groove. Figured out a way to avoid that problem. Do not ride in the groove basically pretty simple. Love the traction in wet weather very stable. Some folks on here claim that traction is not improved with a car tire installed. Bull$rap. Wet pavement traction is dramatically improved and that is comparing it to running Avon's. My bike is stock other than playing with the rev limit and will only get up to around 131 mph but after adjusting the air pressure in the tires the wobble is gone. SOLD. :p:p:p:p:p:p

Wholeheartedly agree.

Just waiting on the two stateside and two down under cousins to tell you how ignorant you are and how you are carelessly risking your life. I am surprised at how long it is taking. Usually they are on a pro-darkside post like a chicken on a junebug.

Car tires do not belong on motorcycles if God had intended car tires to be on motorcycle he would not call them car tires.
That is partially correct. They are not called car tyres - they are called Passenger Vehicle Tyres. They are meant to go on passenger vehicles, and a motorcycle is a passenger vehicle. Therefore the true statement would be, "If God had intended passenger vehicle tyres to be on motorcycles then he would call motorcycles passenger vehicles." :mad::whitstling:;):cool:

Car tires do not belong on motorcycles if God had intended car tires to be on motorcycle he would not call them car tires.
I agree 100%. No one should even think about doing something like that. Complete waste of time and money and completely screws up how the bike handles. Now on wet pavement I do not spin the tire at all and around corners and such plenty of traction and control. What fun is that? On hard take offs the wide flat tire provides a straight take off vice a touch and go take off with a Motorcycle tire, takes all the fun out of the bike sliding sideways. Riding down a open highway feels like a carpet ride now, really miss the rough ride on the motorcycle tire. Car tires just take all the fun out of it.:roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back