Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dacio

.020 Over
Hi All,

I'm at 57,000 miles. Wanna be 1st to get to 100,000 :D

Anyone beating me yet please?

Commuting 300 miles per day during the week.

Thanks

David Anderson

Hi David, good idea for a poll, however I think those that will be able to reply might be few and far between.

What year Rocket do you have and have you had any problems with it?

problems

Hi,

Thanks for responding. '05 model.

Apart from the Shaft recall, I've had my headlamp wiring loom melt (everyone should check this), the entire licence plate/turn signal assembly fell off, the two screws holding my ignition switch vibrated out and finally it took four tries, by two different workshops, to keep the bike from stalling.

They reset/remapped the fuel injection(?) but I think they cheated; it never idles lower than 900rpm now. It used to idle at 500rpm or thereabouts for the first 40,000 miles. Guess it's growing old like me :)

Ride safe.

David

Last edited:
Hi David!!

It appears that Rockets are pretty tough once you get the bugs worked out. I know a few people who are up in the 30,000 mile range, but it looks like you are in the lead.

Welcome to the site and keep us posted!

Tomo

Last I checked I think I have 34K. Ugarte must be over 40K by now since he live in sunny California and not salt infested Maryland....can you tell I am jealous?? HAHA :) :roll::bch:

I forgot to say welcome to the group! Where do you live? That is one helluva commute! My commute is ~84 miles each day round trip.

Hey, let's also go for the "lowest milage" on a Rocket. I took mine out on the 21st of February, looked at the odometer of my '05 Rocket & it said 3504 mi.

Beat that for fewest miles on an '05 folks! Doesn't sound as though it's worth owning it, does it? I'm gonna make up for it this year. A trip to Memphis, TN (1200 round trip), the run to Sturgis with Raymond & Co. (about 1600 to 1800 by the time we return I would guess), and a short trip to Des Moines, IA (back to the dealership for an open house event). Maybe I can catch up with you dacio, in the year 2025.

See ya.

Last edited:
Low End For Me

Glad you've jumped in with both feet. I'm surprised you've had that many things go wrong. Hopefully that's out of the way and you can just ride and ride. Sounds like you've been doing a little of that.

Rusty, you sure got me beat. My '05 will be 2 years old April 26th and I've only racked up 7,400 miles. Sounds like you'll catch up by the time you and Raymond tear up Sturgis.

Back