Ran a 130 with a 225/50 dark side and the difference was amazing,seemed to eliminate a lot of the dark side quirks. Looked silly with the fender , being so small. It didn't last very long maybe 2500 miles and was toast.but it did show how dramatic a difference the front tire size makes. ended up scraping the dark side and installing a Bridgestone with the wasted 130 and it handled great . Haven't had a chance to check out a 140 due to a tranny issue, but I think that is gonna be the sweet spot, and will look fairly normal and give better longevity.any body try a Michelin commander in a 140 with the Bridgestone on the rear

Ran a 130 with a 225/50 dark side and the difference was amazing,seemed to eliminate a lot of the dark side quirks. Looked silly with the fender , being so small. It didn't last very long maybe 2500 miles and was toast.but it did show how dramatic a difference the front tire size makes. ended up scraping the dark side and installing a Bridgestone with the wasted 130 and it handled great . Haven't had a chance to check out a 140 due to a tranny issue, but I think that is gonna be the sweet spot, and will look fairly normal and give better longevity.any body try a Michelin commander in a 140 with the Bridgestone on the rear

I just ordered a 140 commander II to pair up with the bstone. Will report the diff from bstone n front Avon later

The Michelin Scorcher II 140 is not bad with the Bridgestone.
I second that combo. Running it now.

As a side note. Couple guys in the forum that used to run 130 don't anymore. Apparently if your running spiritedly in the twisties a 130 with up front with and crash bars will make the bars hit the ground before the pegs and ultimately leverage your front tire up off the ground. @1olbull Is the tire nut, I think he'll know who it was that wrecked.

Last edited:

As a side note. Couple guys in the forum that used to run 130 don't anymore. Apparently if your running spiritedly in the twisties a 130 with up front with and crash bars will make the bars hit the ground before the pegs and ultimately leverage your front tire up off the ground. @1olbull Is the tire nut, I think he'll know it was that wrecked.

Yea he's on a 140 now

As a side note. Couple guys in the forum that used to run 130 don't anymore. Apparently if your running spiritedly in the twisties a 130 with up front with and crash bars will make the bars hit the ground before the pegs and ultimately leverage your front tire up off the ground. @1olbull Is the tire nut, I think he'll know who it was that wrecked.

Think I know THAT guy!
Look closely and you can see where the peg rail has touched down with the 130.
This pix was on the Dragon with a 140 front as I ditched the 130 after the 800 mile trip that lead up to my crash.

Dragon-Right.jpg

Think I know THAT guy!
This pix was on the Dragon with a 140 front as I ditched the 130 after the 800 mile trip that lead up to my crash.

Dragon-Right.jpg

Woops! Didn't realize it was you specifically, my apologies.

Think I know THAT guy!

Dragon-Right.jpg
That's one hell of a selfie ;)

Back