I ran a 140 up front for about 30,000 miles. Liked it. Since 99% of my time is spent on the highway went back to a 150 front. Have run just about every tire that will fit a Rocket Roadster including a car tire. Avon Cobras front and back stock sizes seem to work better for me. Smooth and very stable. Working on my second set and will replace with the same.

I ran a 140 up front for about 30,000 miles. Liked it. Since 99% of my time is spent on the highway went back to a 150 front. Have run just about every tire that will fit a Rocket Roadster including a car tire. Avon Cobras front and back stock sizes seem to work better for me. Smooth and very stable. Working on my second set and will replace with the same.

Thank you for the response. I have never had Avons before. The only bad thing I heard about them is their cold weather traction can be a little sketchy. I am in Utah and ride through most of the winter so they tires need to be good at around freezing temps. What is your experience with them in colder temps? My father got an 18 Speedmaster and rode through the winter with no problems. The Speedmaster had Avons.

I ride year round in Oklahoma. The Avon Cobra Chromes (which I have) handle great in cold weather. The old cobras did not. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Sorry if I missed this Sonny but are you running the 150 Avon on front now?

Yes and i like it. Much better handling on the highway vice the 140. The 140 is great in the turns but here in Oklahoma turns are far and few. The 150 runs better at highway speeds 75 to 80 miles per hour. Not sure if it is related but wheel bearings seem to last longer running stock tire sizes.

Which rotational direction did you mount the 150?
The direction of the arrow. My tyre chappie was adamant that the Road5 would be better NOT mounted reverse rotation. I have learned to respect his opinion on technical stuff. His dad knows more about tyres than I will ever know (or wish to).
The counter rotation was always a de-lamination thing really. Modern Radial tyres are not like old Dunlop TT100.
tbh Scott, I don't think it will make much difference.

+1
I have an earlier version in the series, the Pilot Road 3.
Mounted in reverse, it felt very squirrely in hard turn in, so I had it flipped back and the wiggles disappeared.

Would the 150 Bridgestone G701 Touring be a decent choice for the front? New to me bike with Exedra Max 240/55 on the rear and a Micheline 140 on the front. Both are shot.
Thank you all kindly.

Would the 150 Bridgestone G701 Touring be a decent choice for the front? New to me bike with Exedra Max 240/55 on the rear and a Micheline 140 on the front. Both are shot.
Thank you all kindly.
I have been running the G701 front and the Exedra Max rear for about 5k miles. They have both been great. I have ridden them really hard in the mountains and fast out on the highways. There is minimal wear so far. The only difference in the 701 vs the standard few tires is the speed rating is slightly lower. But, it is probably still well above what any of us ride. I believe the weight rating is the same as the normal ones (Avon, Metz). The only thing I have to compare them with were the stock Metz’s which I did not care for.

E2CF87C3AA3D34F903981C0CB48C3690_app1_1542318500123_L1800.jpg

Back