So since you changed over to a 140 in April how about an update to this post Rick.
Hi Billy, I haven't been on here much. So as of today I have only put 3800 miles on the Rocket. Between some injuries, health issues, busy work schedule, and I finished up 2 little cafe bikes my sons and I have been building I have not been on the Rocket too much this season. However I continue to enjoy the 140 Cobra. The Rocket still has a noticeably different feel in cornering at any speed with this tire. It has worn well but again I have less than 4000 miles. I did have a head shake when decelerating at speeds between 38-45 mph with the Metz. That is gone completely. That could have been attributed to the poor wear pattern but it did that from the time I purchased the bike with @ 2000 miles until I removed that tire. So that is another great improvement provided by the 140 Cobra. I recommend this change to anyone with a Roadster.

Rick you made my day! I have my R3 in the shop getting tires and brakes and should have it back this week. On the advice of Claviger and EasTexRIII I am going with the Avon 140 on the front and went with a Bridgestone Excedra Max 55 on the rear instead of the 50. You obviously have had fantastic results on the 140 up front and that is definitely what I am looking for too. I was lacking any confidence in the front when it came to low speed maneuvering and was driving me crazy. I thought I was losing my skills and feel for a larger bike. Can hardly wait to get the bike back on the road and feel confidence again. Thanks for your post! thumbup1.gif
Did you ever change the front tire?

Think I know THAT guy!
Look closely and you can see where the peg rail has touched down with the 130.
This pix was on the Dragon with a 140 front as I ditched the 130 after the 800 mile trip that lead up to my crash.

Dragon-Right.jpg
The problem is when your a heavy rider you dont have the clearance compared to an average 175 lb rider if you want to play ROAD RACER you need to set the bike up for the extra weight or drive accordingly

Back