'14 R3R Transmission Failure

I'm new, only got my rocket this week, put 15 miles on it. Yes, scary thought about locking up rear tire. I'm impressed with the pictures and knowledge here. So my question is this; after repairing such a transmission failure what then? What is the issue and can it be made to never surface again?
So has anyone thought of setting up a database where all of these failures can be documented? I see folks spending alot of their TIME and MONEY to repair the same weaknesses in design of these transmissions. I have a feeling that the failures making it to this forum may be just the tip of the iceberg. In my opinion there really is a problem if members have to look at getting their own springs and other parts manufactured from a third party to make their bikes safe to ride. Triumph needs to step up and figure something out. They are spending huge amounts to push their new bikes. How about taking care of their existing products especially when a life may be at stake. Stepping off my soapbox now.

It appears Triumph don't really care about support of their products. Just back from a main dealer where I was told that some of the new Bonneville range now have parts discontinued. One of the parts was heated grip kit - now not available. Most manufacturers are obliged to have spares for 5 - 8 years.

It appears Triumph don't really care about support of their products. Just back from a main dealer where I was told that some of the new Bonneville range now have parts discontinued. One of the parts was heated grip kit - now not available. Most manufacturers are obliged to have spares for 5 - 8 years.
A heated grip kit for the BONNY is not a good seller so its no surprise that it is not restocked having only sold 2 kits in a year

I dont think they are alone. Had a hell of a time getting things for my boulevard too

I thought these tranny failures were due to bad assembly. Not so?

I thought these tranny failures were due to bad assembly. Not so?

My problem was caused by the somewhat less than smart individual who installed the update kit in mine before I owned it. That being said, Triumph uses very petite circlips in their transmissions, and cut the grooves they set in very shallow. I believe a lot of the failures are caused by that, even if they were assembled correctly.

My problem was caused by the somewhat less than smart individual who installed the update kit in mine before I owned it. That being said, Triumph uses very petite circlips in their transmissions, and cut the grooves they set in very shallow. I believe a lot of the failures are caused by that, even if they were assembled correctly.
I just got finished reading through every bit of "Day got ****ty" thread and after all that beautiful work done to that bike is that the bike that got murdered by a deer?

Back