'14 R3R Transmission Failure

I'm confused. If the wheel un-locked when you pulled in the clutch, the problem has to be in the engine or the clutch itself. The wheel is always connected to the trans gears, even with the clutch pulled in.

Mine did the same the first time...about a 10 metre skid mark at 120kmh then she freed up then locked again for a bit then freed again. By the time i coasted to a stop it would only move in 5th - she would locked in the first 4.

On the plus side i learned a tocket will climb a ramp in 5th with enough revs and some clutch work :roll: (disclaimer : i now have a new clutch :confused:)

Mine did the same the first time...about a 10 metre skid mark at 120kmh then she freed up then locked again for a bit then freed again. By the time i coasted to a stop it would only move in 5th - she would locked in the first 4.

On the plus side i learned a tocket will climb a ramp in 5th with enough revs and some clutch work :roll: (disclaimer : i now have a new clutch :confused:)
Your lucky mine never unlocked as 3 or 4 of the spring towers tore off and wadded up infront between the blower cover and the front of the clutch. Actually sheard the back of the inner hubb face off like a washer althe about 8 inches in diameter :) once stopped I was able rock her back and fourth and kick it in neutral to roll/drag/persuade her into the trailer. Lost a good pair of shorts that day :D

Mine was jamming on teeth stuck between the gears...i cant think how the abs would affect it. I wasn't using the rear brake at - it all happened so quick but I'm pretty sure i was trying get off and run at 100+

Mine was jamming on teeth stuck between the gears...i cant think how the abs would affect it. I wasn't using the rear brake at - it all happened so quick but I'm pretty sure i was trying get off and run at 100+
Ya I was just curious as the sensors must notice the abrupt stopping of the rear while the front is spinning along. Of course things happen pretty quick in a lock up might not have time to notice.

I have a 2014 R3R with 12497 miles on her On the 7th of Dec, while shifting from 4rh into 5th at 65 mph on a busy interstate, my transmission locked up causing the rear wheel to slide I immediately pulled the clutch in and the tire released nut locked if I attempted to release the clutch. There was a loud clunk just before the problem. The transmission is locked in 1st, 4th, and 5th I can get the bike to move in 2nd and 3rd but sounds like metal on metal grinding. It acts as if there is something in my wheel, it attempts to move but is binding.
Has anyone else experienced this type of failure? It is not the detent spring as i have removed the front cover. Next it to pull the engine and check the gears.
Dang this is one scary thread for someone who has a low milage 2011 sitting in the garage.:eek::eek: I may not sleep tonight!

I'm new, only got my rocket this week, put 15 miles on it. Yes, scary thought about locking up rear tire. I'm impressed with the pictures and knowledge here. So my question is this; after repairing such a transmission failure what then? What is the issue and can it be made to never surface again?

Back