'14 R3R tranny blew up (46,000 miles)

That's the million-dollar question (or at least several thousand). A rock hit it? It definitely looks like it exploded from the inside out.
agreed something serious got in those gears and eff all kinds of chit up..could have been worse (sustained injury or death) agree that current unit is gone best to maybe try replace it from ebay or something

Have your local shop contact Triumph USA and see what they say.
#2 you MUST report this to the NHTSA I believe that if everyone who has had a problem with the Rocket gearbox had reported the problem to NHTSA we would have had a recall done already, as said you are lucky nothing locked up and caused a serious injury but the next rider/passenger might not be so lucky.

Hey brother, I just saw this and am glad you and the little lady are safe.

I don't remember if you got your bike at MOD or not, but they can at least get the correct information to Triumph USA.

I think the other recommendations are the best option; get a different engine and swap it out.

And yes, report it to the NTSB. Good luck!

I've been hanging around here for awhile and it seems the 2014 models has the most transmission failures. Sorry for your troubles.

Bummer that in the lower crank case. Not the sump pan. Which means if you bought the engine cases you'll be doing alot of wrenching to swap all your parts. Yes a used engine would be your route unless Yriumph gives you a new one
I have a wrecked bike with a good Carpenter motor in it. So feel your pain, and the pain of broken bones also. Good luck bud.

Back