Triumph's TriTech - How does it hold up?

technoguppy

Supercharged
Ride
2020 Rocket 3 GT
I ride in the rain, hard rain, torrential rain, as best I can during our weeks long summer trips. My wife has recently bought an HD rain suit to keep her dry on her HD Heritage Classic.

I generally only buy Gore-Tex gear (Klim, Triumph, etc.) BUT it looks like Triumph has decided to do its own thing and use a material called TriTech. They've had it for a few years now. It's likely similar in nature but like many of the alternates it may not hold up. Dianese has Dri-Tech, Triumph has TriTech.

I am looking for people who own a TriTech jacket (I'm looking at my UK Captains as they ride year round in all sorts of weather) and can comment as to whether or not it keeps you dry.

I really do wish (fingers crossed, genie out of the bottle, kinda wish) that motorcycle gear would get to where we are with ear buds and smartphones. A standard rating like IPXX for dust and waterproofness would go a long way in helping me (and you) make good decisions about what gear to invest in. I say invest because this stuff ain't cheap. I digress....

If you have any experience with TriTech jacket, pants, gloves, or other, I'd really like to hear how the gear holds up under heavy rain.

Thanks in advance,

Back