12OClock Labs speedo correction

Just a note:
I took mine out yesterday after a remap and 12 min tune, set the speedo at 0%. Using my phone's GPS at 70 mph the speedometer read 75. I have a 180 Exedra Max on a touring.

Must have those wrong way round I think?
At 10% high on indicated speed originally, if it was now 5% low, that is a 15% change and odo would be 15% low
However if speedo now 5% high that is 5% change and and odo would be 5% low - yes?? 🤔

Good catch makes sense now.

Just a note:
I took mine out yesterday after a remap and 12 min tune, set the speedo at 0%. Using my phone's GPS at 70 mph the speedometer read 75. I have a 180 Exedra Max on a touring.

That is real close to mine.

When Nels dynoed my bike a few years ago he took 9% out of the speedometer to get it to be accurate. I forgot about this. On our ride during RAA West 2020 in Utah my buddy Jerry and I compared gas mileage of his BMW and my Rocket. We discovered our odometers did not read the same miles. Mine read much less than his. Thinking about it I remembered the change Nels made. So since the stock Rocket speedometers display a faster speed than actual, when you slow it down to accurate you also slow down the odometer. My odometer only records about 9 tenths in every true mile. That also skews the math for figuring gas mileage. It will factor out lower than actual as well.

I had the same experience at RAA West. Someone asked about my mileage, and I told him, and he said, "Wow, that's pretty good."

At another stop, he asked again, and this time mentioned the miles. We had traveled the same route, and my miles were 6% more than his, thus inflating my calculated mileage.

I'm about to install a map with correction kindly provided to me - I'll just have to deal with any variance between speedometer and odometer - my preference being the speed for quick look down. Of course, will have to figure on actual miles to route plan with fuel stops, etc.

I had the same experience at RAA West. Someone asked about my mileage, and I told him, and he said, "Wow, that's pretty good."

At another stop, he asked again, and this time mentioned the miles. We had traveled the same route, and my miles were 6% more than his, thus inflating my calculated mileage.

I'm about to install a map with correction kindly provided to me - I'll just have to deal with any variance between speedometer and odometer - my preference being the speed for quick look down. Of course, will have to figure on actual miles to route plan with fuel stops, etc.
that's me speedo correct and use gps for mileage or I'm pretty good with math so as long As I know how far off it is I'm pretty good with my gosinta's and calculate while I'm filling it up.

I bought one when you mentioned that a while back, and no sooner than I received it, the guy said he had an update and wasn't supporting the one I just bought so I never installed it. Are things different now ?

I bought one when you mentioned that a while back, and no sooner than I received it, the guy said he had an update and wasn't supporting the one I just bought so I never installed it. Are things different now ?
From original thread you bought yours in 2016 & got the same one @barbagris @Mittzy & myself got, you also reported in mid 17 being in touch with Dave over posting instructions manual on line but nothing about not supporting it or having new model (i dont know if there ever was a subsequent model although i think he just lost interest in making more); knowing Dave I can't believe he would ever not support something he had sold (at least within a reasonable warranty period of usage)
But if your generation is same as the parties mentioned above (& it should be) there is no reason why it couldnt be installed - mine still going strong.
Im sure there would be plenty of takers if you decide to sell it on ..... Might be interested for my friend 😁

When Nels dynoed my bike a few years ago he took 9% out of the speedometer to get it to be accurate. I forgot about this. On our ride during RAA West 2020 in Utah my buddy Jerry and I compared gas mileage of his BMW and my Rocket. We discovered our odometers did not read the same miles. Mine read much less than his. Thinking about it I remembered the change Nels made. So since the stock Rocket speedometers display a faster speed than actual, when you slow it down to accurate you also slow down the odometer. My odometer only records about 9 tenths in every true mile. That also skews the math for figuring gas mileage. It will factor out lower than actual as well.

So... From a resale stand point that is good. Less miles on the odometer. Just have to change the oil more often (by mileage), and maybe compensate for the "miles to go before empty" when that pops up on the display. Not that it matters... 4.5 gallons is the most I have ever got in the tank at a fill up.

mine still going strong.
Sadly mine died due to massive water ingress. Dave had none left and said he'd be in touch if he ever made more. It was after all a "hobby" venture.
A shame as it was **** useful on longer runs.

On the Speedo thing - get a cheap Chinese GPS Speedo and mount it somewhere in addition.
dashlights4.JPG

Mine is a more thought out solution - but cost way more.

Back