12OClock Labs speedo correction

Joesmoe

IMOKUR2
Ride
Triumph: 2014 Rocket III Touring
For the thread about fuel capacity, which leads to mileage and how far I can go, or just really want to know how fast or how far I'm going, this company markets a little computer that sits between the speed sensor and the speedometer, and with it, one can make the speedo read whatever you like. For most people, you find a measured distance, and calibrate the front tire against that, and set the little computer accordingly.

The product is the SpeedoDRD, and the plug & play model for the R3 (all models) is the "Y1"

http://shop.12oclocklabs.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=59

$80 US (plus shipping) . . .

You could also use either TuneECU or TuneBoy to correct the speedometer. However, when you do, the odometer will be incorrect.

You could also use either TuneECU or TuneBoy to correct the speedometer. However, when you do, the odometer will be incorrect.

My understanding is with Tune ECU you can only correct one or the other and NOT both speedo AND odo.
Correct or no???

@Joesmoe
Can this calibrate BOTH speedo AND odo independently?

Correct. You can't adjust one without affecting the other. I suspect that something that goes between the sensor and the speedometer would have the same result. but then again, I've been wrong before, twice.

Law of unintended consequences . . . don't know what to do if somehow the odo is correct and the speedo is off. You are correct . . . it affects both. So in the former case, I guess one would have to make a choice.

Law of unintended consequences . . . don't know what to do if somehow the odo is correct and the speedo is off. You are correct . . . it affects both. So in the former case, I guess one would have to make a choice.
Mount a GPS and use it as your speedo when at cruise. And a bonus navigation system...:thumbsup:
And leave the Odometer alone.

Mount a GPS and use it as your speedo when at cruise. And a bonus navigation system...:thumbsup:
And leave the Odometer alone.

I bought one of those thingys that plugs into the OBD port and uses Bluetooth to transmit all sorts of data to the GPS.
Then I can use my new smartphone for navigation and calls through my Sena.
Just gotta find time to do it.

I bought one of those thingys that plugs into the OBD port and uses Bluetooth to transmit all sorts of data to the GPS.
Then I can use my new smartphone for navigation and calls through my Sena.
Just gotta find time to do it.
Geez you're up there with @bruce aussie and @TOMCAT with all the tech stuff and puta lectrics :thumbsdown:

Back