12 minute tune-up??????

All 3 flanges on my Ram Air filter have cracked or are tearing. Installed the 2780's this morning. Easy, quick fit. Only downside is bear claw needs rework to fit if you're going to keep it on.

Conventional wisdom has said the 2870's will squash under the claw if you cant the rearward one to the right 45 degrees.
I have the triple 2870's but I cut my claw to show them off, so I never tried the force fit.

Conventional wisdom has said the 2870's will squash under the claw if you cant the rearward one to the right 45 degrees.
I have the triple 2870's but I cut my claw to show them off, so I never tried the force fit.

Mine fit fine with the third twisted. Don't need any particular squashing.

The triples are relatively easy to install. Removing all the OEM air ducting is the most time consuming part. When you remove it you will be very happy when you realise that you will never have to put it back on. Attaching the filter to the crankcase breathing tube is probably the most fiddly part.

For the best tune, contact @HansO and I'm sure he will set you up well if you ask him nicely. One of the really nice things about the RIII is that you can set it up for good economy when cruising, and progressively more power as you twist your right hand. Therefore you can get the best economy and the best power from the same tune.
That is my objective but I am pretty new to this machine and I just ordered a cable. Plan on tune ECU and would like to try "de-restricting".

The tour model comes restricted (supposedly for more torque) but I would like to experiment with it. What would you suggest as first steps and learning how to tune?

Back