Had a guy take the BRC-MSF course this past weekend and he proudly told everyone that he was a 1% member and had been shot twice and it was BS that he had to take the class as he was an expert rider:banghead:
After telling him to watch his language I then asked him as he had been riding 20yrs why he did not have a MC license ? he mumbled about being to good to take a basic class and Florida should respect that, well after explaining to him that you do not have a right to drive in Florida but it is a privilage that the state gives you as long as you follow the rules he calmed down a bit plus the fact that if he did not complete the course he was getting jail time as this was the sixth time he had been stopped for no license:D

Anyhoo he was a very good rider and actually helped quite a few of the studets along, he also has the SS insignia on his neck , one young guy (20yrs old) asked him what it meant and that is where I stepped in :eek: Told the young guy to look it up when he got home or ask his parents as his Father is in the Airforce in fact I was quite shocked that he did not know what it was.o_O

Seems like if you have to announce your a "1%er" :rolleyes:

Life long friend of mine (about 50 years now) is a 1%'r. He's almost 80 yrs. old now so pretty much "retired". I've met several of his brothers and have had the privilege of riding, tagging along, with them a few times, as an outsider of course. All good people, at least that was my experience.

Back