club riders are generally pretty good ! riding long distances in tight formation to others , you would need to have your eye on the ball

Yea' I see these photos of hundreds of generally Harley riders ride two by two down an Interstate and think that's nuts, they may as well be in a Car stuck in grid lock !

Where's the "Freedom" of riding a M/C if your in line, in order, and not moving from your spot !

Bikes, Blues, and BBQ is coming up in a few days here in Fayetteville; it's about the only time I ever see formation riding.

Many years ago, when I was riding a '95 Daytona900 during BB-BBQ, a visiting formation got fouled up when a delivery truck swayed a couple feet onto the center line. They panicked and an unprotected rider passed due to heart failure when he went down.

These days the event has drawn smaller crowds. This year will may an exception but hope that most set aside the look-at-me mindset and just focus on the roads. The biggest issue we have here is riders not experienced with our roads.

Wonder if it would be better if everyone just parked their big H-D on Dickson Street for three days and party :rolleyes: Let the Triumph and Ducati riders have the road ;)

Yea' I see these photos of hundreds of generally Harley riders ride two by two down an Interstate and think that's nuts, they may as well be in a Car stuck in grid lock !

Where's the "Freedom" of riding a M/C if your in line, in order, and not moving from your spot !
I enjoy plenty of freedom and often express myself as a complete nuisance when doing so ! I do also enjoy club runs , be they for charity , funerals or events ? I get a buzz out of riding the local roads , either alone or with friends .Dragging pegs and hunting down sports bike riders in their power ranger suits and unscuffed knee sliders . Nothing better than riding around the outside of a sportsbike , who's rider is so intent on hanging off and getting his knee down that he is only doing 40mph whilst a gurt big rocket leaves him looking Like he stood still round the outside at 60mph ! That said , Nothing too like the rumble of 100+ bikes riding in close formation thru towns or cities for whatever reason ? Traffic stops , children wave , camera phones come out , a noise and spectacle most bystanders clearly enjoy . certainly would not be the same spectacle if all those riders were in cars ! Every year there are public rallies for Air ambulance or cancer charities , They allways pass this way due to the scenery and roads , and every year there are fatalities ! Of all the club runs I have partaken in , I have never seen an incident , let alone a fatality . An awful lot of stricken Harleys tho , due to shredded drive belts ! ;)

Traffic stops , children wave , camera phones come out ,
... cattle miscarry, sheep hide, goats bleat ....
Cars - surely that depends on the cars. Old Bently's for example.

Ah yes - the rumble
6bfb0bc1cd37ac76d10eba978af74d1f.jpg

Back