Rocket_Rider

Supercharged
Ride
Rocket 3 Touring 2018
So.... after less than year my battery on my R3T crapped itself.... I have kept it charged well with an optimate 4 battery tender. The longest it has been left was the last 4 days... go to start bike, nothing, try to jump it with a portable jumper pack... got a slight start but just kept cutting out part way through start, fuel gauge stopped working and digital display went flickering.... charged it for hours, got one start and it just died again.... I have replaced it now, but it seems pretty poor for a battery to only last 10 months from when I bought the bike brand new! The new one is showing 14.4 when running so I’m pretty sure it’s not the bike failing to charge it whilst running... I guess batteries can just die????

Sometimes you just get a bad battery, I think my original Yuasa lasted 4-5 years. I had great luck with Motobatt, but @1olbull said he got 2 two bad ones in a row, so you never know

Battery Plus a retail chain sells a battery that works rather well in the Rocket. Don't know if you all have those stores in Australia but if you do it would be worth checking out :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I was pretty disappointed in my original battery, I only got 9 years 11 months out of it. Seriously it could of lasted one more month.
My Harley Road King battery lasted 10 years and still worked when i changed it. I only left it that long because i forgot about it. It was on there from new.

Back