Your thought on touring?

Ive owned both. The roadster i put a Russel seat on. There is a reason they call it the " day long" If you have the bags, crash gaurds, and windshield Your good to go.

I should clairify, I don't think it's the Avon tire itself...tread pattern. it's the fact that the 240 I find will hydro a lot easier than a slightly narrower tire. Personally I found the 240 stock Metz did better in the rain than the Avon. I love the Avon in dry conditions, sticks like glue.

I'm sure you will have a different experience with the Avon on the R3T. It would be interesting to hear your thoughts when you ride on them in the rain.
In the rain yesterday,had no issues with the Avons , hit a couple corners quick,and felt no loss of traction. So far I'm happy with them.

The bigger question will be where in your trip will you need another tire. Not all shops will have what you need. Most places claim they can get it the next day. Some will even have a 2 day waiting for tire replacement.
What I am saying is when you see your tire starting to wear you won't have much time to get a replacement.

The bigger question will be where in your trip will you need another tire. Not all shops will have what you need. Most places claim they can get it the next day. Some will even have a 2 day waiting for tire replacement.
What I am saying is when you see your tire starting to wear you won't have much time to get a replacement.

That's a great point and it has crossed my mind. This issue was another reason in the decision to switch models...better chance at finding some rubber while on the road. Not just wearing them out but replacement if I damage one. Better luck with a more standard size I'm thinking.

For those with experience on the Excedra Max... Does the change in geometry due to the sidewall hieght make that much of a difference? Would compensating the rear shock hieght even the score? Just a thought...

Back