You all take care of yourselves

I'm overwhelmed with all the support Guys and Gal's. Thank you so much. I'm a hermit, so to speak, but now realize I have far many Friends than I ever imagined. Waiting to hear from my VA primary care Dr. I sent them a message, about the whole ordeal. The hospital did ultrasound on the veins in my neck, found some of whatever you call it, that builds up there, but nothing serious, also did echo cardiogram, normal, cat scan was also normal. They wanted an MRI to check for bleeding in my brain, but I can't handle that ****ed tube machine. Maybe will try it again at the VA clinic, now that I've calmed down, and rested some. I may try to peddle off my 2 Harley Sportsters, and my Kawasaki ZRX1200r, but will keep my 3 Rockets forever, even if it gets to the point that all I can do is go out and shine on them, and give them a pat on the tank! Ha! I will be teraing into my 05 when I feel a little better, to see what's going on with the clutch/shifting thing. Possible detent spring, or that other weird looking spring that's in there. Thanks again all of you great people.
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

That was a good base Cooter. When you see your MD, revisit your blood sugar, blood pressure and whatever else he sees fit. The stroke patient is at risk for a heart event. The TIA event is a predictor of Stroke. Like Tony Robbins says; "It is time to Take Action" Ask you doctor about all that.

Water my friend. I hate water but force myself to drink it. The blood actually gets sticky if you don't hydrate frequently. It's easy in Florida to loose track of how much you sweat. Mark a litter plastic bottle and drink it throughout the day. More if your doctor says so. If you smoke STOP!
Good Luck

Sorry to hear, my friend, I hope you bounce back. I recently told my sin in law that the day the Rocket gets too heavy form me, it's his, getting closer every day. People look at me funny because I tend to ride the sport bikes more, but they're much lighter.

Glad to see you still with us Cooter. Say a prayer, take it slow and don’t panic. Wishing you the best.

Sorry to hear of your "event". Glad it wasn't worse than it was. Even if you ran the old engine kinda hard early on it's not to late to make some changes. I'm sure you have a lot of miles left to go ! Listen to your doctor and read everything you can about this. Ride on brother !

Hi all, I'll be 70 years old this September. Lived a hard life, all self induced. Just had a TIA, (minor stroke) Friday, and just got out of hospital yesterday evening. Scared the chit out of me. Right side of body dead, couldn't speak, drooling out the side of my mouth, etc. etc. I'm feeling better today, but sure am glad I wasn't on one of my Rockets when it happened. I would have crashed for sure. No notice, happened like flipping a switch. Just wish I had taken better care of myself, in earlier years, but it's too late now, to go back. You young-ens enjoy life to the fullest, cause gettin old ain't for sissy's. I think it's time to thin out my 6 motorcycle collection.;)
Hope you feel better soon. For what its worth I have had 3 TIAs and a heart attack with one Stent installed so far. Two of the TIAs I was driving, one I was in a meeting with a client. Not fun. I have recovered fully from all these issues. Just waiting on the fourth TIA so I can be 4 stroker. Any way, dont be discouraged, it will all be good. Find the best Doctors around to get some test done and take the prescribed drugs as instructed and you will be a happy rider again. You cant live with what ifs, I did that after the first TIA and I stayed off my bikes for almost a year. I was miserable. My thoughts and prayers to you for a speedy recovery both in health and mind.

Old and grumpy, I'll be here whenever you get settled. Nice to have friends, and Bud's (long neck). And Rick, wow! 3 TIA's. They are scarry ain't they. Having no control over what's happening I found quite frightful. My VA primary care Dr is scheduling an appointment, and I'll probably do an MRI at the clinic, not so stressful as it was in the hospital. Got a good nights rest, and feelin pretty good this morning.:):):):):):)

I am relieved to hear you are getting better each day brother. Stay the course and hopefully you won't to pare-down your stable unless that is what you really want to do.

Back