You all take care of yourselves

glad u r getting better
my story about 6 years ago i was a real coffer drinker and i knew it was causing me to be kind of dizzy and not fell good in the afternoon but i kept drinking coffee. so i day i was sitting in my office chair about 12 o'clock and had my stroke. i got a ride in the ambulance to the hospital and they gave me a shot of something that brought me back. while i was in the hospital they brought me a cup of coffee and i am like forget that $hit.
anyway all there testing found nothing of coarse they give u all this info on good eating which lasted a while but i just limit my coffee to one cup and everything has been fine except for about six months ago when i decided to drink tea in the evenings and the dizzy ect came back so no more tea.:(
know i am assuming that the caffeine in the drinks was the problem. also my tranny builder has palpitations when he drinks to much coffee so we just have one cup in the morning although i tend to have a couple at the abate meetings.

ps
my only side effects that i reversed letters in words (like rof ) and i could really mess up phone numbers when dialing.

also my tranny builder has palpitations

YOU HAVE A TRANNIE BUILDER????? :eek:

upload_2019-4-17_14-15-47.jpeg

Does he charge extra to palpitate?

I had a suspected TIA two months ago (turned out not to be one and was diagnosed as stress instead) have to say our NHS were amazing, immediate carotid scan, MRI and CT scans and LOTS of lifestyle advice which (being a T1 diabetic) I decided to take on board.

The whole thing was scary as s**t, I feel your pain but PLEASE make those lifestyle adjustments and look after yourself cos nobody else is gonna do it for you

glad u r getting better
my story about 6 years ago i was a real coffer drinker and i knew it was causing me to be kind of dizzy and not fell good in the afternoon but i kept drinking coffee. so i day i was sitting in my office chair about 12 o'clock and had my stroke. i got a ride in the ambulance to the hospital and they gave me a shot of something that brought me back. while i was in the hospital they brought me a cup of coffee and i am like forget that $hit.
anyway all there testing found nothing of coarse they give u all this info on good eating which lasted a while but i just limit my coffee to one cup and everything has been fine except for about six months ago when i decided to drink tea in the evenings and the dizzy ect came back so no more tea.:(
know i am assuming that the caffeine in the drinks was the problem. also my tranny builder has palpitations when he drinks to much coffee so we just have one cup in the morning although i tend to have a couple at the abate meetings.

ps
my only side effects that i reversed letters in words (like rof ) and i could really mess up phone numbers when dialing.

Sounds like you have a coffee induced arrhythmia. Here the Cardiologist becomes VERY important. An arrhythmia means that the timing of heart's squeezing motion is impaired for some reason. There are a number of arrhythmias of various sources. They cause poor blood flow in the heart and a key organ, the brain.

The brain is a blood thirsty organ. Two lost heart beats... and you become unconscious. Then, it becomes very complicated medical field.

As some here have experienced, the aftercare of one of these events is critical to a lengthy survival. There have been many advances in the last 10 to 20 years and we understand the stroke patient better. Good luck guys.

An arrhythmia means that the timing of heart's squeezing motion is impaired for some reason. There are a number of arrhythmias of various sources.

Rick, I know you've talked with Laura about my stepson having Long QT syndrome along with severe migraines when he was in his teens, and that we had the ICD implanted in his chest when he was 13.
He’s now 27 and took up running about 6 years ago. In the last couple years he’s done 3-4 marathons and last year qualified for Boston. So Monday he did Boston in 2:48:38 - his previous best was 2:57:29 so he set a goal of 2:48-2:50. He nailed it. Just goes to show you can overcome most anything life throws at you.
He’s come a long, long way :cool: :inlove

Last edited:
His device only shocks him back in rhythm if he looses it. The long QT is silent and sneaky. Did his migraines get resolved with the defibrillator? Has he felt the defibrillator shock him?

What does Samson say about his twin cousins? or are they his siblings?

He has not had any episodes that cause it to defib. lately, being in such good aerobic condition, his resting heart rate has gone so low that the unit sent a "signal" a couple of times but no defib's :thumbsup:
His migraines finally subsided at around 18-19 yrs old.
The twins will be of his step brother :thumbsup:

Dand Cootertoo sorry to hear about your health issues but glad to hear you are on the mend.

Rick, I know you've talked with Laura about my stepson having Long QT syndrome along with severe migraines when he was in his teens, and that we had the ICD implanted in his chest when he was 13.
He’s now 27 and took up running about 6 years ago. In the last couple years he’s done 3-4 marathons and last year qualified for Boston. So Monday he did Boston in 2:48:38 - his previous best was 2:57:29 so he set a goal of 2:48-2:50. He nailed it. Just goes to show you can overcome most anything life throws at you.
He’s come a long, long way :cool: :inlove

congrats to your son..

Back