Ugarte

Turbocharged
Ride
2005 Rocket III
My bike is a stock 05 with the 20222 tune. I installed the GiPro on Sunday and have been enjoying the significantly better power and throttle response, but I couldn't say it was enough to elicit a "wow" from me. I have been doing a lot of hard accelerations to explore the new power and the wheel has come up a little, which was more than it would do without the Gipro.

Today though, I was rolling along at about 10 mph, in first gear clutch completely out when I cranked on the throttle hard and the front wheel came up almost to the balance point before I got off the throttle. Now that elicited a "wow", actually it was "oh sh#t Hellfire was right." That is just frikkin amazing, no need for tricks like clutching it, fork rebound, or putting your weight back, just add power hard and up it goes. I have never had a bike that would do that let alone an 800 pound cruiser that sounds like a sewing machine. I have new found respect for the beast.

This first tankful of gas with the Gipro has been nearly entirely city riding since I wanted a lot of stop and go for obvious reasons. Ordinarily with city riding and not accelerating hard the fuel light would come on between 120 and 125 miles. Freeway riding it comes on between 135 and 140 at 80 mph. With the city riding and all the hard accelerations from experimenting with the Gipro I expected the light to come on at about 110 to 115 miles, but it came on at 135 miles, WTF?

Hard to believe the Gipro would give better gas mileage too and actually I still don't believe it yet, I will know on the next tankful when I will ride the bike "normal" and see what happens.

That seems to be the measure of if it's working correctly ... wheel off the ground from a twist of the throttle.
So how long did it stay in the box after it arrived? all of 20 seconds?? lol
Looks like you didn't have any trouble installing it, glad you are having a good time playing with it. Stay safe, Triumph took that power away for good reason. An inexperienced rider could end up on his ass with the bike walking away on it's hind legs. :eek:

I would expect a slight increase in fuel mileage due to the timing being advanced in three gears. Retarding the timing is just a waste of fuel and power.

I just installed my gipro and took it for a beat and yea my 08 standard totally woke up I love it :D

I am sure I am the only one with a gipro under the seat as I just couldn't stand the looks of it . But wow they are worth the money just to wake up the first three gears.:D

Ugarte thanks for the link and Hellfire thanks for talking about it so much you were right grins from ear to ear I LOVE IT !!!!!!!!:D

I guess you can see why I talk about it so much, the cheap little gadget changed the bike overnight. I can guarantee it's the cheapest thrill you can do to the R3 besides removing the secondary throttle plates (and that's just free).

I'm sure Triumph just had everyone's best interests at heart when they cut one of it's balls off. But once you get used to the bike and want a little more, it's the way to go.

Dang! Since I have the TORS/cat delete tune my gipro is just a gear indicator:(
If you have the Triumph TOR's tune they did you no favors, it's junk. I hope you are referring to some other type like Tuneboy or tuneECU. Still, unless you have a special modified tune that goes into the timing tables and fixes the factory detuning in low gears you still benefit from a properly set up GiPro. If in doubt, set it to -0- and see how gutless it feels in 1st.

Ugarte, that is the reason i don't install one of those gadgets on my bike, i don't know if i can control myself:D or my bike:eek:

Ugarte, that is the reason i don't install one of those gadgets on my bike, i don't know if i can control myself or my bike:eek:
Hey Mex I believe I can design you a ejection seat and we can put one of those parachutes like they put on the racing boats so if you get the wheel of little too high you can punch the button and go for a big ride.:rolleyes:

Hey Mex I believe I can design you a ejection seat and we can put one of those parachutes like they put on the racing boats so if you get the wheel of little too high you can punch the button and go for a big ride.:rolleyes:
That sounds like fun Uncle Jesse, :D:D

Ugarte, that is the reason i don't install one of those gadgets on my bike, i don't know if i can control myself:D or my bike:eek:

Why did you buy the Rocket in the first place? Yah, power and lots of it. So it makes sense that you want even more power. You know you want it so go out and get it. 160 dollars is dang cheap for what the Gipro gives you, and if you wheelie up and over and the Rocket falls on you and kills you, we will give you a nice memorial.:eek:

Just get the Gipro, you will be glad you did, the Rocket will be glad you did, and the motorcycle Gods will be glad you did. If you have been riding the stock rocket for several thousand miles and you still have not killed yourself, then you are ready for the Gipro. Then again, I waited 83 thousand miles to get the Gipro, so I guess I am very late to the power party....:eek:

Back