Ugarte said it perfectly ..... "Today though, I was rolling along at about 10 mph, in first gear clutch completely out when I cranked on the throttle hard and the front wheel came up almost to the balance point before I got off the throttle."

It's not so much a matter of "trying to wheelie", it's that it just does it with no effort or planning. When a new GiPro owner says that, I know they installed it right and it's doing it's job. My question is when you went in to the ECU and copied and pasted did yours surprise you like that afterward?

Yes, it does. I'm not here to start a war with the whole GiPro thing but there's two ways of accomplishing the same results, it boils down to what you are comfortable with. You can either connect a gadget in your electrical system to trick the "brain" of the bike, or you can reprogram the brain itself. For those more comfortable with wiring and connecting gadgets the GiPro is awesome, extra benefits include a gear indicator and the ability to turn it off by pressing a button. Others who are more comfortable with TuneECU and don't want to have extra gadets in the system can accomplish the same results with a little reprogramming. There is no denying the results of doing this, it is great, but the results can be had two different ways. Those who are comfortable altering the stock wiring of their bike prefer going the GiPro route, for others who are comfortable with computers go the TuneECU route. Either way I recommend that everyone should remove the factory installed torque limiters, big smiles to be had by all.

How does all this pan out with insurance companies?
Same as cars. If you wreck or get tickets then your premiums go up. Check your policy because normally it will only covers like $1000 worth of accessories unless you specify more.

So let me get this straight- if I have TORs and a Triumph TOR tune, the Gi-pro won't do me any good? What would I have to do (that the dealer would do) to make it work?

So let me get this straight- if I have TORs and a Triumph TOR tune, the Gi-pro won't do me any good? What would I have to do (that the dealer would do) to make it work?

It depends on what your base tune is. Check my post here http://www.r3owners.net/general-tech-talk/10358-explain-secondary-function-me-3.html
It explains it a bit, Ugarte added some visuals a little farther down in the thread. The only way to tell for sure is to hook it up (your dealer can check or you can DYI with TuneECU). If the tune is the culprit then you can select a different tune or modify the existing tune. With an '05 standard you should be OK, from what I've seen Triumph didn't start restricting the secondaries until later years. Even with the secondary restrictions you will still benefit from the timing advance.

Back