Might have gone over something which has given it a poke!...i have a new one ready to go on and am replacing the front Metzeler 880 with a cobra....hmmm...might do it friday to be safe i'm thinking...
looks like its 'bruised' as well...

Probably the best idea @Tal no point in risking yer hide over the cost of a tire. Looks like she is about done anyway.

8000-11000 miles?????????????!!!!!!!! Roll us one out of yer stash Dave, it is obviously much better than the stuff I am smoking. :roll::p I have gotten 6000 out of a rear tire on my touring but it was DONE at that point. I know @Boog, yourself and several others that report outstanding mileage but I will be dipped in stew if I know how y'all do it. Must be doing something wrong but it isn't air pressure. I am pretty OCD about that.
Remember ? Dave is Scottish! Probably wears his smooth , recuts them with a hot iron and when down to the cloth , picks it clean and repairs his kilt .Darn canny those scotsmen ! ;)

6,000 to 7,000 miles is all i get. Kind of a nut about tires. Even if i could get a few more miles out of a set of tires i choice not to do it. Last thing i want to have happen is to have a blow out at 3:00 AM riding home from work. One thing i have notice is that when the Exedra Max starts to wear thin so does your traction especially on wet pavement. Given my riding habits that ain't to swift either. ;););););););)

Not many folk would go past 8500kms on a rocket rear. Most litre sportbike guys are lucky to get half that. My last rear on the magical W800 only did 4900km. Don't you US dudes have concrete freeway surfaces? Through my years of motorcycling I have found tyres heaps cheaper than skin grafts.

Back in the day rode a 750 k Honda. Got going down interstate 10 one day and had the back tire blow out. Got lucky and ended up in the grass. Since then have always changed out tires probably before there time. Now days for sure. Would not even chance it on the X. Tires can be replaced not to sure about the custom paint job. :roll::roll::roll::roll::roll: or my skin.

Like @BillB says, I get around 13K miles out of a set of Exedra Max tires.
But @Tal, I think you can still go a ways on yours. I have ran flat a couple of times and made it safely to the side then plugged the hole and pumped back up to ride a few thousand miles more. The side walls are quit sturdy. If if blows out, well, that's the end of it.

5000, 5700, 6000 still piss poor miles from a tyre that can easily get 8000-11000 miles. Are you guys checking your pressure at least once a month, and if you are replacing the front tyre definitely replace that rear one at the same time.

I have never gotten that kind of rear tire mileage on any of my road motors.

Not many folk would go past 8500kms on a rocket rear. Most litre sportbike guys are lucky to get half that. My last rear on the magical W800 only did 4900km. Don't you US dudes have concrete freeway surfaces? Through my years of motorcycling I have found tyres heaps cheaper than skin grafts.

Amen & Thank you!

Back