Tal

Living Legend
Ride
2021 Triumph Rocket 3 GT
got this happening on my Exedra Max rear tyre after 9200kms....not sure if i should change it yet or press on for a few more clicks....what do you think??
20180902_161518.jpg

FYI -
Tis about the mileage I've gotten on several Exedra Max rear tires . . .
If I saw that there, I'd replace the tire ASAP.

Looks like at some stage you picked up something which cut into your tyre a bit. It obviously hasn't gone right through otherwise air would be leaking. Maybe give a gentle poke and see if it goes much deeper than you can notice by eye. If not then should be ok for general city riding. If you were planning some long open road higher speed trips then maybe renew. From all I have heard, side wall injuries to tyres are generally worse, tyre companies will not repair those. Main running tread they will.

You guys must have real ****y roads(WA would not expect good roads:D) 5000 miles out of a excedra is not good at all, few factors come into play, the weight of the rider, riding style of the rider and the road condition, when I was riding in KY the roads were mostly pretty poor especially the road that Kid took us down:eek::p:D

You guys must have real ****y roads(WA would not expect good roads:D) 5000 miles out of a excedra is not good at all, few factors come into play, the weight of the rider, riding style of the rider and the road condition, when I was riding in KY the roads were mostly pretty poor especially the road that Kid took us down:eek::p:D

Closer to 6,000 miles actually.

Might have gone over something which has given it a poke!...i have a new one ready to go on and am replacing the front Metzeler 880 with a cobra....hmmm...might do it friday to be safe i'm thinking...
looks like its 'bruised' as well...

5000, 5700, 6000 still piss poor miles from a tyre that can easily get 8000-11000 miles. Are you guys checking your pressure at least once a month, and if you are replacing the front tyre definitely replace that rear one at the same time.

8000-11000 miles?????????????!!!!!!!! Roll us one out of yer stash Dave, it is obviously much better than the stuff I am smoking. :roll::p I have gotten 6000 out of a rear tire on my touring but it was DONE at that point. I know @Boog, yourself and several others that report outstanding mileage but I will be dipped in stew if I know how y'all do it. Must be doing something wrong but it isn't air pressure. I am pretty OCD about that.

Back