Winterizing tips for my R3?

It does sound tempting. One good thing about putting the bike away in the winter is the anticipation for the first ride of the season. Makes me giddy like Christmas morning.

man how I envy those of you in the states (especially in the south). Both me and the original poster are in ontario where in february last year we had about 50 centimeters of snow in just one 24 hour period (that was a record by the way).

From about December on you also have to deal with the massive amount of salt they dump on the roads there and that will just eat through a bike, since they don't make bikes with a large amount of rust proofing.

Despite that, Most years I ride into early december and then pull it out in Mrch but it all depends on the weather, I run from the salt trucks and then in the spring wait for one good rain storm once the snow melts to wash the salt away.

This year though I am tempted to load the bike on a truck and drive down to florida during the winter.

Nothing is as good as a week or two in South Florida in the middle of winter. Do it blip. Bring the beast with you.

Back