Captain Bob

Supercharged
Is there a taller quick disconnect windshield available for the R3T? Is the windhield that comes with the R3T the summer shield or the roadster shield (or neither!).

The shield on the bike is OK but I would like a taller one for the cold months coming up here in the northeast.

Yes, its exactly the same hardware. You can also buy what they call the blade which is just the replacement plastic. Replace your short screen with the taller one. Depends on whether you want to have both available, or want to save some money and swap the hardware.

you can go to clearview or ceebailies for replacement shields cheaper than the one triumph sells just have to reuse the stock bracket

I bought the Roadster screen (just the blade) and installed using stock hardware. The stock screen was too short. It blocked the wind, but I got buffeting. The Roadster screen is too tall, however, at 7.25" taller than stock. I need to have it cut down 2 or 3 inches.

Dremil works fine for that Daryl.
Just use painters tape to mark it off.
The two or three inch size works good.
that gives you room to draw your line you want to follow,
and still leaves tape above and below the cut line so your shield doesn't crack.

Back