Pros and cons on windshields goes on and on. I have had only one bike with a windshield. A Goldwing that had a built in vent that you could open and close in the lower part of the shield. It worked pretty good. Just did not care that much for the bike itself. Some folks seem to think that windshields are for softies, while others seem to think it is required for bikes that are taken on long hauls cross county implying that those with windshield's ride more than those without. I like the way triumph set up the touring model with the hard bags and windshield it looks sharp. Would I go out and buy a windshield for the Rocket X? NO. For me I like the wind it is part of being on a bike vice a car. I ride on average 120 miles a day not counting weekend rides or vacation rides. Would a windshield be more comfortable? Yes. Would it take away some of the pleasure of riding a bike and effect? Yes. I guess it all depends on your personal preference.;);););););)

Spend 2 hours on your bike at 110 without a screen. If you feel ok afterwards, then by all accounts, leave it off. I’m tall. I have a custom (slim) screen and a backrest...I can ride all day!

Back