Windshield options

What Insurance company does eveyone use I have State Farm and for full coverage it is going to be about $480.00 per year?

Freak

PF:

I pay just a little more than that for both bikes with the MCCA recoupment included. Try seaching the forums for insurance. I'm sure you will find it.

There are quite a few factors that govern insurance rates and the same bike can have a wide spread difference in rates for different people.

One thing I'll tell you is that in Michigan, the R3Classic is considered a touring bike whereas the R3Standard and Tribal are considered sport bikes and are classed accordingly.

Pastor - I've a new Tourer. Stock with the taller Triumph wind screen. I'm an RCH shorter than you. I've adjusted the screen as far up as possible, unfortunately that's actually 3/4" shy of total imagined allowance due to mounting nuts. The wind flows over and hits me square in the eyes while in a normal upright position. I'd say, if the screen were 2 inches taller I'd not have the wind noise and buffetting. I guess the height was engineered for short legged Easterners (far). Or perhaps a majority of left coasters:flame:It ustabe that a relief from wind forces on the chest was all that was desired; now, older and wiser (moreso on the former).

As for insurance: You've not likely heard of ALFA. Un-real 1300/year on 1 bike. Needless to say I went with GEICO @292.

Last edited:
What Insurance company does eveyone use I have State Farm and for full coverage it is going to be about $480.00 per year?

Freak

It really depends where you live. I got a lot of quotes. The cheapest I could find for Reno was Geico ($400 or 470/yr, I can't remember) including a 10% discount for safety class.

Pastor - I've a new Tourer. Stock with the taller Triumph wind screen. I'm an RCH shorter than you. I've adjusted the screen as far up as possible, unfortunately that's actually 3/4" shy of total imagined allowance due to mounting nuts. The wind flows over and hits me square in the eyes while in a normal upright position. I'd say, if the screen were 2 inches taller I'd not have the wind noise and buffetting. I guess the height was engineered for short legged Easterners (far). Or perhaps a majority of left coasters:flame:It ustabe that a relief from wind forces on the chest was all that was desired; now, older and wiser (moreso on the former).

As for insurance: You've not likely heard of ALFA. Un-real 1300/year on 1 bike. Needless to say I went with GEICO @292.
You can turn the nuts around, as in nuts on outside of windshield, and it will give you another1/2 inch or so. Still was not enough for me. I ordered a 5 inch over clearview, sure hope it works better, as for insurance, geico 370.00 per year as a second bike.

Back