Windshield/ Flyscreen

Ronix47

Standard Bore
Ride
2005 Triumph Rocket iii
Good afternoon all. Hope everyone had a great Christmas.
I have been searching for a factory fly screen for the last couple months without any luck. Ended up buying a short windscreen from Madstad and I'm not a fan of the design.
Does anyone have recommendations for a smaller screen without ordering outside of the States or where I can source a factory screen from?
Thanks in advance and have a great New Years!

Attachments

• 20231227_155604.jpg
    20231227_155604.jpg
    265.2 KB · Views: 24
I'm 6'2" and get a lot of wind buffeting with it on unfortunately. Fine around town but almost unrideable on the freeway.

I'm 6'2" and get a lot of wind buffeting with it on unfortunately. Fine around town but almost unrideable on the freeway.
I'm not sure what height Madstad you have but
I bought the 22" madstad and I am 5'8" tall. It works so much better on the highway than the stock screen. I can ride with my helmet shield cracked open and hear my helmet speakers quite well. Not with the stock screen. I believe they make up to 24".

I'm not sure what height Madstad you have but
I bought the 22" madstad and I am 5'8" tall. It works so much better on the highway than the stock screen. I can ride with my helmet shield cracked open and hear my helmet speakers quite well. Not with the stock screen. I believe they make up to 24".
I was considering the taller screen if I can't find and OEM fly screen. Appreciate the info.

That one on the bike should provide more wind protection than the one you are looking for in the picture you posted.
I agree Doc. The Sport screen I had on my 05 and 14 Rockets was just about the same as my OEM screen on the 2020 Rocket. After you hit freeway speeds it's useless. The best screen was the full size touring OEM Triumph screen. That was nice. My old 05 Rocket touring screen has been around the USA. With me in Cali, then In Oklahoma with Lupe and now it's residing with The Rainman in TN. :thumbsup:

When I had my Roadster I replaced the stock highway screen "glass" with one by Clearviewshields. Problem you'll run into with them, and maybe all other aftermarket companies, is that you need the frame from an OEM screen.

I also had the sport screen which I used in the summer- pretty much for looks. The highway screen is what you need for Interstate and winter. It's the only option I know of and definitely better than nothing, but it ain't great.

I got the Clearviewshields with a vent, but not sure that made much difference.

Back