Will a ram air and tune ECU make much difference?

I guess the question is, what would give me better results?

I've just checked the gear indicator and it looks good.

Is it worth me messing about with tune ECU to get noticeable better results, or won't they be noticeable either way?
In my opinion it all comes down to what you want to spend.
Without spending silly money on the motor ideally a better filter like ram air or K&Na directly on throttle bodies a decent set of headers into a single muffler and a dyno tune to remap it weather that is with a power commander v or tune ecu all comes down to what the guy mapping the bike is capable of using .
There are plenty of ballpark maps out there you can load in yourself but I highly recommend getting it done properly because every bike is different and you will get better results. You can load one as a base map that has secondary throttle bodies open 100% and speed limiter removed etc etc and then they just tweak your fuelling either via tune ecu or power commander .
On the other hand if you are just wanting to spend a hand full of change the gipro atre won't give you more power but it will unleash a bit of low down torque in the first three gears

I have a 2010 roadster that I bought ten days ago, and I'd like to generate more power.

It has been suggested that I get a ram air filter and open the secondary plates with tune ECU.

Is this likely to make much difference to performance? Does anyone have any other suggestions to increase power without breaking the bank?
Speak to Carl at Just Rocket https://justrockets.co.uk/

I don't disagree. My concern is whether it is worth spending another £5000 or £6,000 on a 12-year old bike.
The question is valid. I paid $10k for 2014 Roadster and put $8k into the suspension and motor. Is it worth it? It is for me. I love it and enjoy owning and riding it. I know I’ll loose big on sale or trade but for now I’m pleased with the spent money. That’s why they call it my money and your money. Motorcycles are not an investment they are an expensive hobby.

The question is valid. I paid $10k for 2014 Roadster and put $8k into the suspension and motor. Is it worth it? It is for me. I love it and enjoy owning and riding it. I know I’ll loose big on sale or trade but for now I’m pleased with the spent money. That’s why they call it my money and your money. Motorcycles are not an investment they are an expensive hobby.
Agreed and, my experience is this... Once you go from "holy sh!t, this bike is insanely fast" to asking how to squeeze more power out of it, you will very likely start to go down the following path.... Add air, add exhaust, add tune, appreciate the difference. Acclimate- ask self again how to squeeze more power out of it, pony up for Lush or Carpenter upgrade. Say to self, "Ok, THAT, is fast enough" (unless you're @warp9.9). 🤣

Agreed and, my experience is this... Once you go from "holy sh!t, this bike is insanely fast" to asking how to squeeze more power out of it, you will very likely start to go down the following path.... Add air, add exhaust, add tune, appreciate the difference. Acclimate- ask self again how to squeeze more power out of it, pony up for Lush or Carpenter upgrade. Say to self, "Ok, THAT, is fast enough" (unless you're @warp9.9). 🤣
or the R-III-R stroker kit (For Sale - 2.5L ROCKET III STROKER KITS) or the TTS supercharger kit. (Triumph Rocket 3 Supercharger Package - Stage 2 | TTS Performance)

Is the TTS supercharger stage 3 the most powerful?

My recommendation is quit the little junk and get real power. Neville Lush or Carpenter parts for a motor build. You won’t have to wonder if it was worth it. Does a stock Rocket need more power no and yes. No, it will go plenty fast and yes it can be absolutely scary awesome.
He picked cheap as a part of the triangle, pay attention doc😬

Ya I'm dropping down to light speed. I haven't wrote off reverse trikes. Infact I would like a reverse rocket trike ;)

Back