Will a ram air and tune ECU make much difference?

James Anderson

.020 Over
Ride
2010 Roadster
I have a 2010 roadster that I bought ten days ago, and I'd like to generate more power.

It has been suggested that I get a ram air filter and open the secondary plates with tune ECU.

Is this likely to make much difference to performance? Does anyone have any other suggestions to increase power without breaking the bank?

Hi, I have 2010 roadster too, with Ram, open sec's and Mapping 20355. Top speed is ±7-8 km/h higher, the difference is mainly that it runs a bit nicer, less deceleration popping. Uses a little more fuel, 1 liter at 14 km compared to 1L:15km average. Intake sound is different, I like it, especially when you use the power.
And much easier to sync the throttle bodies. And a little extra space for the tire repair kit etc.

Hi, I have 2010 roadster too, with Ram, open sec's and Mapping 20355. Top speed is ±7-8 km/h higher, the difference is mainly that it runs a bit nicer, less deceleration popping. Uses a little more fuel, 1 liter at 14 km compared to 1L:15km average. Intake sound is different, I like it, especially when you use the power.
And much easier to sync the throttle bodies. And a little extra space for the tire repair kit etc.

But 0-60 or 0-100 does it make any noticeable difference?

images.png

Back