Will a ram air and tune ECU make much difference?

I have a 2010 roadster that I bought ten days ago, and I'd like to generate more power.

It has been suggested that I get a ram air filter and open the secondary plates with tune ECU.

Is this likely to make much difference to performance? Does anyone have any other suggestions to increase power without breaking the bank?
Wow what are you planing to do with it? I have not once thought to myself this bike needs more power lol

My recommendation is quit the little junk and get real power. Neville Lush or Carpenter parts for a motor build. You won’t have to wonder if it was worth it. Does a stock Rocket need more power no and yes. No, it will go plenty fast and yes it can be absolutely scary awesome.

If you are looking for a cheap way to get a bit more bang down low look at a gi-pro with atre by a company called heal tech it's pretty much plug and play and acts as a gear indicator but most importantly it tricks the bike into thinking it's in 4th when it's in 1st 2nd and 3rd gear so you override the retarded ignition timing and get full power

Last edited:
My recommendation is quit the little junk and get real power. Neville Lush or Carpenter parts for a motor build. You won’t have to wonder if it was worth it. Does a stock Rocket need more power no and yes. No, it will go plenty fast and yes it can be absolutely scary awesome.
I don't disagree. My concern is whether it is worth spending another £5000 or £6,000 on a 12-year old bike.

If you are looking for a cheap way to get a bit more bang down low look at a gi-pro with atre by a company called heal tech it's pretty much plug and play and acts as a gear indicator but most importantly it tricks the bike into thinking it's in 4th when it's in 1st 2nd and 3rd gear so you override the retarded ignition timing and get full power
Isn't that pretty much the same as as opening the secondary plates to 100% with tune ECU?

Not really but you can get the ignition timing changed in those gears with tune ecu also there are maps available with it already done in addition to secondary butterfly's open 100%
I guess the question is, what would give me better results?

I've just checked the gear indicator and it looks good.

Is it worth me messing about with tune ECU to get noticeable better results, or won't they be noticeable either way?

Back