Who is senior Captain?

Hi old mate:). The V-Max only major flaw (already have 1'100 miles on it) is its ridiculous fuel autonomy. I don't mind gas guzzling as such from such a voluptuous motor, but the fuel tank capacity is only 4 gallons, which over here means 15 liters ... and an-anxiety raising search for gas stations every 60 miles (or 100 k's) or so.

Paint and other mods (except higher pegs as I already wish I had more cornering clearance) will have to wait until I find someone who can enlarge the tank capacity. My current idea is to delete the huge cat box and to custom build an additional tank between the pipes, which ought to be worth at least an extra gallon.

But I am on my own... and I don't fancy joining a 2009 V-Max forum

Jamie:cool:

Yes. I took delivery of a 1700cc V-Max, as already confessed here. But I am still the legal owner of the Rocket, for at least another 2 weeks. Hence my continuing to post here:p

Suggest you give the T-Bird a good try. A very capable mount IMO. If it only had a bit more power. I had the dealer's demo unit on loan to me for half a day... But my mind was already set on the V-Max. Best. Jamie :cool:

So you wanted some real power. Uh huh.

I test drove the T-Bird yesterday. It's a lot more nimble than the Rocket but the power just isn't there. Nice bike, smooth riding. Reminded me of a fat boy. Also, I didn't like the seat or the handlebars. So, I'd probably need an extra $5K worth of accessories, including the 1700 cc engine. If anyone leaves me some money, I'd consider it.

I read my bill of sale wrong...it was 9.24.04...
Riders World
Wilkes Barre, PA
I was on a waiting list for four months in Frederick. I was on a business trip an saw a billboard sign for a Triumph dealer while driving along the interstate. I drove into town and they were just putting it together. Had to buy a trailer also just to get it home. I bought it and never even test drove it. Best decision I could have made. What a bike!
Carl

<-830

It appears TxRIII puts on an average 1470 miles/month and Wilber-t comes in, a close third at 755/month.

1470 is some real time in the saddle.:bch:

Last edited:
Got the Rocket on the 10th of June 2004 one of the first of the line 34 k on the clock and still looks like new

Back